At the MTA, diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of our organization. We promote and maintain a diverse and inclusive workforce that represents the communities and customers we serve. Building an organization that attracts and leverages diversity in our staff, as well as strives for respect and inclusion throughout the workplace, is central to our strategic priorities.
Although employees come from all walks of life, the MTA family is knit together by our core values:
- Safety: The well-being of our employees and customers is paramount.
- Respect: We treat all people with fairness and dignity.
- Accountability: We do what we say and take responsibility for our actions.
- Innovation: We think ahead to stay at the forefront of our industry.
- Integrity: We are honest and communicate with transparency.
The MTA is committed to providing a welcoming environment that respects the value of each employee, customer, and member of the community. We want to attract and develop people who bring different backgrounds, styles, perspectives, values, and beliefs to our organization, because incorporating a range of perspectives improves our outcomes.
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers. We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, services, programs, and activities.
Employee Resource Groups
Employee Business Resource Groups (ERGs) provide a forum for employees of similar backgrounds, cultures, and interests to come together for networking, support and professional development and to promote cultural and civic awareness.
Our ERGs include:
- All Generational
- Black Employees Group for Inclusion & Networking
- Empowering Women in Transportation
- Latinos & Friends
- Pride Express
Training and employee development
We offer workshops on inclusive behavior, diversity management, cultural competence, and customer service.
Workshop topics include:
- Creating a respectful and inclusive workplace
- Interacting with customers with limited English proficiency
- Managerial and supervisor-level training for leading diversity efforts
- Maintaining culture and managing upward, for apprentices and early-career employees