Job Information: 5787
Title: General Superintendent, Power Operations (Operations Control Center)
First Date of Posting: 02/05/2024
Last Date of Filing: 02/26/2024
Division Unit: Service Delivery/Operations Control Center
Reports To: Assistant Chief Officer, Operations Control Center
Hours of work: Managerial
Internal posting, MTA Employees only.
Salary Range (Grade A/Hay 904): $119,377- $169,439.
Compression Rate: $149,050
The General Superintendent of Power Operations is responsible for developing/implementing strategies to manage incidents effectively; and coordinates, plans, and directs the 24-hour/7- day-a-week operations of the System Operations and control functions of the Operations Control Center (OCC). The Applicant must thoroughly understand the Division’s operating within the OCC, SCADA system, Power Operation policies and procedures, General Orders, and Electrical Utilities Communication Protocols. Manages the scheduled inspections of Sub-Station equipment, status monitoring, emergency response, and control of a seamless electrical delivery system for traction power and adequate supply of electrical energy necessary for operating NYCT’s Subway System. Oversees subordinate managers and supervisors assigned to the OCC and will collaborate with the General Superintendents of other disciplines to direct and expedite all emergency responses and promote safety. The OCC General will direct and control all on-site emergency response activities. Ensures the labor force is well equipped and trained to keep up with changes in technology and policies. Mitigates service delays, customer and employee safety issues, work hazards, and power outages on the right of way. Evaluates and implements corrective measures for accidents and unusual occurrences. Must be prepared to oversee/resolve management and labor disputes, coordinate the dispatch of emergency vehicles, perform routine audits, and provide necessary reports. The General Superintendent of the OCC will also be required to represent the Assistant Chief Officer as designated.
Education and Experience:
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college in public administration, economics, computer science, marketing, or engineering.
- Twelve (12) years of related experience and
- Seven (7) years must have been in a managerial or supervisory capacity.
- Or a satisfactory equivalent of education and experience.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of electrical power theory and operating practices, high voltage safety procedures, and maintenance and testing procedures.
- Comprehensive knowledge of integrated functions of overall railroad and power distribution systems, and industry safety standards.
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills and be able to make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Strong PC skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Based on evaluation of education, skills, experience, and interview.
All appointments, with the exception of the Department of Subways employees on MABSTOA payroll, will be made on the NYCT payroll.
Pursuant to the New York State Public Officers Law & the MTA Code of Ethics, all employees who hold a policymaking position must file an Annual Statement of Financial Disclosure (FDS) with the NYS Commission on Ethics and Lobbying in Government (the “Commission”).
Equal Employment Opportunity:
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities. The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.