INTERNAL JOB POSTING - ONLY OPEN TO CURRENT MEMBERS OF THE MTA POLICE DEPARTMENT
JOB TITLE: Request for consideration- Police Officer, Fleet Services (Northern Region)
DEPT/DIV: MTA Police Department/Fleet Services
SUPERVISOR: Commanding Officer, Administration and the Assistant Director, Fleet Services
LOCATION: Various/Northern Region
HOURS OF WORK: Four (4) days, ten (10) hour tours, with three (3) consecutive rest days.
The Department is seeking qualified MTA Police Officers who are interested in being considered for assignment to the Fleet Services Unit assigned to the Northern Region.
- Inspect MTA Police fleet vehicles and equipment stock at the Eastchester Bus Depot Yard.
- Work as a liaison with Vendors, all Districts, Units, and members of service.
- Coordinating maintenance, repairs and replenishment of equipment needed for fleet vehicles.
- Assist with the coordination, acquisition, outfitting and disposition of fleet vehicles.
- Work with vendors and civilian personnel of Communications and the Police Support Unit to ensure that proper outfitting of new vehicles meet deadlines and goals established.
Qualified Officers must, at a minimum, have the following qualifications/requirements to be considered for appointment. Officers currently on probation are not eligible for consideration.
- Working knowledge of the existing MTA Police Department Manual and applicable state vehicle and traffic laws.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge of MTA Police Fleet vehicles required maintenance and policy and procedures concerning fleet services.
- Knowledge of the current fleet vendor list for repair facility locations.
- Computer skills including, but not limited to Microsoft Office and Tiburon.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Be self-motivated and goal oriented and possess a good work ethic.
- Successfully complete a panel interview.
- Complete a "Candidate Application" (Form #69) and forward it to his or her immediate supervisor who shall complete the applicable sections and then forward the form through the chain of command.
Interested employees who meet the above listed qualifications will be invited to participate in a panel interview. Candidates should understand that they are not guaranteed an assignment with the Fleet Services Unit, even if they meet each of the above qualifications.
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.