JOB TITLE: Senior Manager Timekeeping/Payroll MNR
SALARY RANGE: $115,107 - $124,724
HAY POINTS: 702
DEPT/DIV: Financial Operations
SUPERVISOR: Deputy Director Timekeeping/Payroll MNR
LOCATION: 420 Lexington
HOURS OF WORK: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm (8 hours/day)
DEADLINE: March 1, 2024
The Senior Manager, Timekeeping/Payroll, MNR will serve as the primary technical lead for the team and serve as project lead working with MTA IT, Payroll, Human Resources, Labor Relations, internal and external auditors, Kronos technical consultants and outside consultants planning and directing change and process improvement to maintain and enhance the KRONOS timekeeping application and oversee the functionality and processes associated with corporate time and attendance source to gross systems (i.e., Data Warehouse, CMS, TEAMs etc.). The incumbent will assist in the development of new business processes designed to enhance the overall effectiveness of payroll/timekeeping procedures and support the Deputy Director and Manager with day-to-day operations ensuring employees are paid timely and accurately while utilizing proper internal controls.
- Lead a core resource group responsible for the development, functional and technical design, project management and implementation of new initiatives and processes. Manage payroll/ timekeeping systems and other source to gross systems (i.e., Data Warehouse, CMS, etc.) enhancements and ensure the integrity and accuracy of Timekeeping/Payroll systems and processes.
- Advise technical consultants regarding business requirements, system process flows and impacts of technical modifications on Timekeeping/payroll functionalities.
- Provide functional support to ensure Timekeeping/payroll system maintenance requirements and automate special payroll calculations for accuracy.
- Responsible for designing and approving all systems functions and user acceptance testing (UAT).
- Develop retro-active wage adjustment (RWA) reconciliation and testing process for contractual union agreements to ensure BSC calculations of retro-active wage payments are accurate.
- Manage and review timekeeping/payroll processes and their controls regarding payments, exception reports and issues resolutions.
- Support Managers with day-to-day operations and the completion of work.
- Develop the Internal Controls program review process for timekeeping/payroll functions such as, off cycle checks, final payouts, weekly payroll processing. Coordinate the execution and preparation of report of internal control testing and results.
- Support timekeeping/payroll production with systems interfaces, table maintenance (positions, plan grades, accounts), data discrepancies, reporting and development of timekeeper Kronos training.
- Support and assist with special payments of other eligible allowances.
- Conduct audit and review pre and post Payroll documents for all MNR paid employees to ensure compliance with CBA/MOUs, MTA and governmental requirements as needed.
- Maintain weekly audit of Time & Attendance reports. This includes providing all backup documentation for transactions done by Timekeeping/Payroll.
- Maintain the functional updates to timekeeping/payroll systems Policies and Procedures.
- Develop reports for auditing and reconciliation purposes. Maintain all reports, hyperfinds and queries to obtain relevant payroll information for internal and external users, auditors, and consultants.
- Perform routine timekeeping/payroll data analysis for accuracy, timely resolution of variances and identification of recurring issues requiring changes in process, information, training, etc.
- Perform analysis and research of reported system or processing issue. Provide ad-hoc and/or annual analysis and reporting requests (i.e., HR requests, Freedom of Information Law, or FOIL).
- Manage year-end tax reporting and various gross wages analysis. Assist with the annual year-end, year-end accounting requests Vehicle usage calculation for W2s, annual system process (i.e., holiday updating, leave adjustments etc.) processing including processing W-2's.
- Assist with the selection, hiring and training of subordinate managerial, supervisory, and unionized staff members and ensure that staff have the necessary training, skills, and tools to perform their duties.
- Perform/assist with special projects as needed by senior management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of Payroll rules and collective bargaining agreements (CBAs) that govern payment to employees.
- Must have good time management skills to meet continuous critical deadlines.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all departments within the company, various levels of management and external contacts.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently to ensure timely completion of assigned tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Detail oriented and ability to multitask.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel) and/or comparable applications.
- Availability to work late on weekly payroll closing day, scheduled on Thursdays.
- Availability to work weekends and holidays as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Transportation, Public Policy or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum of Six (6) years of experience in a Payroll/Timekeeping function to include payroll processing, auditing, analysis, and reporting.
- Minimum 2 years in managing and monitoring employees.
- Demonstrated supervisory and/or leadership abilities.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft, CMS and Kronos Systems.
Pursuant to the New York State Public Officers Law & the MTA Code of Ethics, all employees who hold a policymaking position must file an Annual Statement of Financial Disclosure (FDS) with the NYS Commission on Ethics and Lobbying in Government (the “Commission”).
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.