JOB TITLE: Assistant Director- EAM System Development
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Application Deadline: Open Until filled
This position is eligible for telework which is currently one day per week. New hires are eligible to apply 30 days after their effective date of hire.
MTA Metro-North Railroad is a dynamic organization, operating out of the jewel of New York City, Grand Central Terminal. We provide service to over 86.5 million customers, traveling in and out of New York and Connecticut. A subsidiary of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority, Metro-North Railroad is one of the busiest commuter railroad in the nation. MTA Metro-North Railroad strives to provide a safe and reliable commute, excellent customer service and rewarding opportunities to its employees.
The Assistant Director – EAM System Development will be a key technical resource for MNR’s EAM Program. This person will have responsibilities for the setup, design, implementation and continued maintenance and management, of Metro North’s EAM systems. This person will become an expert in the set-up and configuration of the EAM systems, and associated packages including the design, and configuration of mobile applications meeting the overall business requirements. This role will create as needed user set-up, group and security definition, and delivery of KPI start centers defined around specific business roles.
This position will liaise with MTA’s Information Technology department and MNR business units to support all phases of the EAM program development and implementation from the identification of requirements, creation of business and functional specifications, to assistance defining systems processes, in line with defined business processes.
This person will assist in creating a data analysis framework to ultimately assist in the delivery of a decision support framework/system to better analyze and transition data to actionable intelligence.
- Assisting the business to identify and collect EAM data, and the reporting of data and system survey findings.
- Developing asset data and location data hierarchies
- Identification and specification of Decision Support systems and analysis
- Development of cross systems data validation and cleansing procedures
- Development of mapping tables and business objects to assist in smooth inter-system data exchange.
- Development of data interfaces to external systems, as well as systems integration points
- Development of business reports, KPI’s and Dashboards
- Highly skilled in Enterprise Asset Management data requirements.
- Must be self-motivated, with the ability to motivate others and influence decisions.
- Strong computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Access. A good understanding of databases.
- Strong knowledge of data integrity principles.
- Strong business administrative skills to provide written reports and spreadsheet manipulations.
- Must be able to demonstrate a high level of initiative, professional integrity and demeanor.
- Ability to work independently as well as in groups to achieve defined goals and objectives.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the company and with outside agencies.
- Strong organization, administrative and management skills with ability to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to manage many diverse activities simultaneously.
- Experience of Project and Program Management principles.
- Working knowledge of windows applications, specifically, MS Publisher, Visio, and MS Project.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration, or related field. Demonstrated equivalent experience, education, and/or technical credentials to include four (4) additional years of related experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in Enterprise Asset Management or database management, including experience delivering data strategies, business Intelligence and Systems Analysis Activities.
- Experience of EAM/ERP or other Enterprise Systems configuration
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Business or related field.
- Transit Working Knowledge – particularly with a commuter railroad.
New York State Public Officers Law & the MTA Code of Ethics, all employees who hold a policymaking position must file an Annual Statement of Financial Disclosure (FDS) with the NYS Commission on Ethics and Lobbying in Government (the “Commission”).
Employees driving company vehicles must complete defensive driver training once every three years for current MNR drivers; or within 180 days of hire or transfer for an employee entering an authorized driving position.
Based on evaluation of education, skills, experience, and interview.
What We Offer
- Low Premium – High Quality Health Insurance Plans (lifetime coverage for eligible retirees and their dependents)
- Pension plans and retirement savings accounts for eligible employees.
- Generous Paid Time Off and Holidays provided.
- Tuition Reimbursement for eligible employees
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Commuting Assistance
- MTA Exclusive Employee Discount Programs
- Work Life Services team and Office of the Chaplains unit
- Employee Resource Groups
How to Apply
MTA employees must apply via My MTA Portal. You can submit an online application by logging into My MTA Portal, clicking the My Job Search ribbon, and selecting the “Careers” link.
Logging in through My MTA Portal will link your BSC ID number to your job application to identify you as an internal applicant.
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.