Engineer Drainage CT
$79,548.00 - $104,406.75
Open until Filled
Metro-North Railroad reserves the right to remove this posting prior to the Application Deadline.
MTA Metro-North Railroad is a dynamic organization, operating out of the jewel of New York City, Grand Central Terminal. We provide service to over 86.5 million customers, traveling in and out of New York and Connecticut. A subsidiary of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority, Metro-North Railroad is one of the busiest commuter railroads in the nation. MTA Metro-North Railroad strives to provide a safe and reliable commute, excellent customer service and rewarding opportunities to its employees.
Assist Sr. Engineer Hydrology in development, design and management of projects for drainage and storm water management as they relate to tracks, bridges, culverts and tunnels on Metro-North Railroad in order to provide safe and reliable operation.
- Assist in the design of swale profiles and establish by surveying.
- Assist in design of projects for drainage, land use and sustainable systems as they relate to tracks, bridges, culverts and tunnels.
- Development of project scope and production planning schedules for in house projects to perform work safely and efficiently, in compliance with Metro-North's Safety Program.
- Provide management oversight in the efficient use of budgeted resources. Allocate personnel, material and equipment for all project work.
- Coordinate all work efforts on interdepartmental projects with various Departmental Managers to ensure maximum productivity and cooperation.
- Strong ability to design and analyze complex situations relating to hydrology systems and site planning impacting bridges, culverts and tunnels.
- Strong project management and coordination skills which includes quality control and quality assurance measures.
- Ability to interact with internal departments as well as city, state, and federal agencies.
- Ability to stay current on drainage and hydrology systems.
- FE/EIT Certificate
- Knowledge of standard safety rules and regulations (i.e. OSHA)
- Knowledge of Cad, MS Office Suite and/or comparable applications.
- Available and on call 24 hours per day, 7 days per week as required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Knowledge of collective bargaining agreements • PE License in NY and CT with ability to attain reciprocity if from another state.
Education and Experience
- Associates or Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering or related engineering discipline, from an ABET (applied science, computing, engineering, technology) accredited institution strongly preferred.
- 2 years of experience in a Civil engineering environment which includes hydrology.
- 2 years of project management experience with adherence to deadlines.
- 2 years of experience managing a support staff
Preferred Education/ Experience
- Professional Engineering License preferred. If Professional Engineering License not in NY and CT, candidate must receive reciprocity within one year.
This is a federally regulated position and is subject to toxicology testing.
Pursuant to the New York State Public Officers Law & the MTA Code of Ethics, all employees who hold a policymaking position must file an Annual Statement of Financial Disclosure (FDS) with the NYS Commission on Ethics and Lobbying in Government (the “Commission”).
Employees driving company vehicles must complete defensive driver training once every three years for current MNR drivers; or within 180 days of hire or transfer for an employee entering an authorized driving position.
Due to the competitive nature of the selection process, not all qualified candidates who meet the minimum requirements for the position are guaranteed an interview. To be selected for a position, one must meet the following criteria: (1) satisfy the minimum requirements listed in the job posting, (2) if applicable, successfully pass a written and practical exam, (3) satisfy a background investigation (including but not limited to, employment, education, and criminal history), and (4) pass a verbal interview. Metro-North may also require the applicant to undergo a physical ability test, and, if the Company extends a conditional offer, may require him or her to undergo a medical examination, which may include toxicological testing. Failure to pass any step within the hiring process will result in the disqualification of your application.
Additional Criteria for Current Employees: Current Metro-North employees must be in active service to be eligible for consideration. Agreement Employees applying for a position outside of their present craft are required to have worked in your current union for at least one (1) year preceding the Application Deadline to be eligible to apply for a posted position, and have completed the agreed upon formal training commitment, including on-the-job training or lock-in requirement, if applicable (for example: Signal Trainee, Foreman-In-Training, etc.). If you are transferring to another craft, you may be required to forfeit your seniority in your present union. Non-agreement employees must have worked in your current position for a minimum of one (1) year preceding the Application Deadline. Along with a background investigation (including but not limited to, employment, education, and criminal history), employees are also subject to an internal investigation, which includes an evaluation not limited to discipline records and performance assessments.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. If interested, please apply online at www.mta.info
Based on evaluation of education, skills, experience, and interview.
How to Apply
MTA employees must apply via My MTA Portal. You can submit an online application by logging into My MTA Portal, clicking the My Job Search ribbon, and selecting the “Careers” link.
Logging in through My MTA Portal will link your BSC ID number to your job application to identify you as an internal applicant.
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.