JOB TITLE: Senior Insurance Analyst
SALARY RANGE: $84,500 - $94,500
HAY POINTS: 451
DEPT/DIV: Risk & Insurance Management
SUPERVISOR: Assistant Director, Risk Assessment & Coverage
LOCATION: 2 Broadway, New York, New York
HOURS OF WORK: 9:00 am - 5:30 pm (7 1/2 hours/day)
DEADLINE: Open until filled
This position is eligible for telework which is currently one day per week. New hires are eligible to apply 30 days after their effective date of hire.
This position will focus on implementing the company’s all-risk financing/insurance programs, including the Captive Insurance Company. This position will prepare and maintain underwriting data, provide analytical reports, and coordinate with MTA and its Agencies.
- Collects and manages current and historical exposure information and prepares annual underwriting submissions on a timely basis for all risk financing/insurance programs.
- Coordinates audits of applicable insurance programs.
- Arranges for timely payment of costs associated with risk management and maintains accurate records of risk expenditures.
- Updates and maintains the quarterly schedule of insurance and other relevant documentation as requested.
- Coordinates and reviews insurance terms in contracts, certificates, and proof of insurance with third parties.
- Assists with the property and FEMA claims.
- Performs any and all other duties as may be required by the Assistant Director and Acting Director, to assure the effective business operations of the Department.
- Other duties or projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Heavy administrative and organizational skills; must be detail-oriented.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate ability to work with all internal levels and interact well with external stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritize tasks independently and to function well in a high-profile, high-pressure environment effectively and efficiently.
- Demonstrate analytical capabilities and quantitative skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree, a major in Finance, Accounting, Risk Management is preferred. A related field or an equivalent combination of education from an accredited college and experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum of 7 years within a risk management/insurance department, insurance company, or brokerage experience handling national or global accounts
- Extensive knowledge of all lines of commercial insurance and familiarity with necessary policy endorsements applicable to each project to protect the interest of the MTA and its Agencies.
Pursuant to the New York State Public Officers Law & the MTA Code of Ethics, all employees who hold a policymaking position must file an Annual Statement of Financial Disclosure (FDS) with the NYS Commission on Ethics and Lobbying in Government (the “Commission”).
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.