JOB TITLE: Procurement Specialist II
SALARY RANGE: $64,082.42 - $ 91,546.31
DEPT/DIV: Procurement & Material Management
SUPERVISOR: Assistant Director - Finance / Manager - Finance
LOCATION: 420 Lexington, New York NY 10001
HOURS OF WORK: 9:00 am - 5:30 pm (7 1/2 hours/day)
DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
***This position is represented by the Transportation Communications Union (TCU).***
Assist the Manager in in providing sound procurement approach and advice and timely procurement solicitations in support of the Operations Procurement subgroup by providing Metro-North Railroad with the management of contracts, reviews, analyzes, justifies and recommends a course of action required for material, parts and equipment in an efficient manner.
· Administration and maintenance of high volume of on-going contracts:
o Represent Metro-North at project meetings and can deal effectively with proper decision- making levels, both within and outside Metro-North. Make decisions exercising independent judgment requiring immediate solutions.
o Responsible for Metro-North’s contractual and business interests.
o Clarifies contract terms, conditions, and intent for all contractual parties as well as our internal customers.
o Ensures Metro-North, contractors and subcontractors’ compliance with all contractual terms and conditions.
o Negotiates change orders and evaluates contractor and vendor claims and submits for approval.
o Institute, negotiate, document, and execute any Railroad claim against a contractor.
o Develop and maintain necessary contract files such as certified payrolls, monthly submissions, change order requests, liquidated damage, and other files as necessary.
o Interface with: Maintenance of Equipment, Track & Structures and Communications & Signal
· Actively seek joint procurement initiatives with all MTA agencies to improve efficiency, effectiveness and service quality while offering potential for recurring financial benefits. Participate in requirements planning, strategic procurement planning and development, and coordinating with material planners and internal customers on material needs to meet production schedules in order to reduce no-stocks, material costs, and overall maintenance program completion times. Perform pro-active analysis in support of MNR’s Strategic Procurement Initiative that include market surveys to verify option pricing, use of indices and market trends to justify price increases or decreases, and vendor interviews to validate market observations.
· Evaluate bids and quotations for responsiveness and responsibility in accordance with MNR’s Operating Procedures and the MTA All-Agency Procurement and All-Agency Responsibility Guidelines. Coordinate and Chair Consultant Selection Committee for operating procurements. Negotiate terms, conditions and costs as applicable and as required. Prepare final justification and recommendation for award.
· Performs cost/price analysis of various proposals and bids, evaluates proposals and bids for responsiveness and responsibility, coordinates selection activities and recommends award of contracts.
· Provides support and assistance in the training of junior staff.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
· Working knowledge of products and materials, procurement principles, terms and conditions, contract law, public sector purchasing (i.e. MTA Agency, NYS, NYC) and governmental regulations (FAR,FTA) and NYS contracting provisions
· Strong ability to evaluate contract terms and conditions, have knowledge of procurement and accounting principles.
· Detail oriented and strong organizational skills.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Strong oral, written and communication skills.
· Strong ability to interact with internal and external customers.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and/or comparable applications.
· Working knowledge of an Automated Procurement System, Material Management and/or Accounts Payable Systems
· In-depth negotiation skills including planning and implementing negotiation strategies.
· Strong ability to manage multiple service contract requests and a large volume of contracts on an on-going basis.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· B.S. /B.A. Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Management, Transportation, Public Administration, or an associated field with specialized procurement/contract administration training. Demonstrated equivalent experience, education and/or technical credentials may be considered in lieu of degree.
· Minimum four years of progressive business experience in the area of design and engineering, construction, procurement of goods and services and contract administration with a strong emphasis on the solicitation, negotiation and award of contracts.
· In-depth knowledge of MNR policies and procedures.
· Familiarity with MTA All-Agency Procurement Guidelines
Pursuant to the New York State Public Officers Law & the MTA Code of Ethics, all employees who hold a policymaking position must file an Annual Statement of Financial Disclosure (FDS) with the NYS Commission on Ethics and Lobbying in Government (the “Commission”).
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.