Job ID: 5060
Business Unit: MTA Headquarters
Location: New York, NY, United States
Department: Human Resources Data Science
Date Posted: Dec 21, 2023
JOB TITLE: Manager, HRIS Operations
SALARY RANGE: $109,691-$117,000
HAY POINTS: 775
DEPT/DIV: People Department | HR Data Science
SUPERVISOR: Senior Manager, HRIS
LOCATION: 2 Broadway New York, NY 10004
HOURS OF WORK: 9:00 am - 5:30 pm (7 1/2 hours/day)
DEADLINE: Until Filled
This position is eligible for telework which is currently one day per week. New hires are eligible to apply 30 days after their effective date of hire.
The Manager of HRIS Operations is a pivotal role designed to support and enhance the HR technological landscape of the organization under the guidance of the Senior HRIS Manager. This position focuses on:
- Process Improvement: Spearheading the review of existing HR processes, leading the development of fit-gap analyses to identify areas of enhancement, especially during routine operations and the various phases of project implementation.
- Technical Leadership: Serving as a technical beacon for the HR team by providing crucial support, troubleshooting solutions, and comprehensive guidance related to the HR technological ecosystems to HR Business Partners.
- HRIS Maintenance and Upgrades: Diligently overseeing and ensuring the flawless operation of the organization's internal Human Resource Information Systems. Responsibilities span from data management to configuration setups, from regular maintenance to the enhancement and upgrade of applications, systems, and modules.
- Collaboration with IT: Forming a synergistic relationship with the IT Product team. This involves co-developing, implementing, managing integrations, and tweaking system requirements. A major component of this is to rigorously test all modifications and ratified workflows, with a special emphasis on the PeopleSoft platform.
- Data Security and Compliance: Upholding the highest standards of data security. This encompasses overseeing the review and approval processes for HR data credentials across the entire agency. Additionally, the role involves the management of user permissions, access protocols, and other pivotal system configurations to ensure a streamlined and secure experience for HR service users.
- Operational SLA Management: A crucial aspect of this role involves overseeing the operational Service Level Agreements (SLAs). The incumbent will be tasked with continuously monitoring and driving down metrics to ensure full adherence to the agreed-upon SLAs, ensuring timely and quality service delivery.
- Process Oversight: Lead the review and refinement of existing HR processes, developing fit-gap analyses to highlight areas of improvement and ensure optimal performance during day-to-day operations and project implementation phases.
- Technical Support: Provide technical guidance, support, and troubleshooting solutions to HR Business Partners, ensuring they are equipped to utilize the HR ecosystems effectively.
- System Maintenance: Oversee the maintenance, configuration, and optimal functioning of the organization's internal Human Resource Information Systems, ensuring they meet current and future needs.
- Upgrades and Enhancements: Manage the enhancement, upgrade, and implementation of new applications, systems, and modules within the HRIS framework, ensuring they align with organizational goals.
- Collaboration with IT: Work closely with the IT Product team to co-develop, implement, and modify system requirements, ensuring seamless integration and functionality of HR systems.
- Quality Assurance: Rigorously test all system changes, approved workflows, and modifications, ensure, primarily within platforms like PeopleSoft, to ensure they meet organizational standards and requirements.
- Data Security and Governance: Uphold and enforce stringent data security and governance standards, overseeing the review, approval, and management of HR data credentials across the organization. Implement data governance frameworks to ensure data consistency, accuracy, and reliability.
- Data Quality Management: Regularly audit HRIS data, identify inconsistencies or anomalies, and initiate corrective actions to maintain high data quality standards.
- Learning: Maintains knowledge of trends and developments in data management and security, HR technology, and HRIS applications.
- Operational SLA Oversight: Monitor and manage operational Service Level Agreements (SLAs), driving metrics towards adherence to agreed-upon standards, and ensuring timely, quality service delivery.
- Leadership: Performance Management and development of staff.
- Access Management: Manage user permissions, access controls, and other system configurations, ensuring a secure and streamlined user experience for HR service users.
- Performs other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Maintain and analyze position records of actual versus budget against the PeopleSoft and Hyperion
- Developing a comprehensive detailed statistics model on turnover data patterns to maximize forecasting accuracy capability and ensuring cost effective labor
- Educating and building end-user data literacy
- Solid business insight, coupled with a demonstrated capability in data analysis. Possesses a keen aptitude for deep data exploration, yielding significant insights and conclusions.
- Skilled in crafting and adjusting data models and relational database structures, particularly for Workforce Management forecasting.
- Stellar communication skills, both written and verbal, with a knack for presenting analytical findings to audiences unfamiliar with technical jargon.
- Familiarity with Human Resources systems, especially PeopleSoft-Reporting, or a similar HR Information System.
- Cater to client requirements by generating precise reports and resource plans based on specified criteria.
- Comprehensive expertise in Microsoft Office tools.
- Proficient in crafting and tweaking spreadsheets using advanced formulas. Experience in database software, especially Advanced Excel and Access, is a must.
- Outstanding verbal and interpersonal communication abilities, complemented by proficient written skills.
- Self-motivated and autonomous yet thrives in team settings and is goal oriented.
- Capable of engaging effectively with management at all tiers.
- Proven proficiency in resolving intricate issues.
- Highly organized with a meticulous attention to detail.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Business Administration, Human Resources or related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 8 years of experience managing a progressively more complex experience in the field of Human Resources Information Systems or related field
- 5 years of experience writing and modifying SQL code.
- 5 years of experience managing and developing a diverse group of employees
- 5 years of experience in designing and implementing HRIS PeopleSoft or related database software
- In-depth knowledge of information technology
- Extensive leadership skills
- Strategic thinking skills
- Familiarity with information technology and human resources information technology
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent planning and forecasting skills required
- Ability to direct, guide, manage and lead senior staff employees in several unrelated disciplines preferred
- Master's degree in a related field
- Strong Project Management Skills
- Ability to work with Business Intelligence databases (i.e. SQL, SAS, Azur, Oracle) and pull data from various sources
Pursuant to the New York State Public Officers Law & the MTA Code of Ethics, all employees who hold a policymaking position must file an Annual Statement of Financial Disclosure (FDS) with the NYS Commission on Ethics and Lobbying in Government (the “Commission”).
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.