JOB TITLE: Senior Associate, Strategic Initiatives
SALARY RANGE: $87,278 - $97,000
HAY POINTS: 551
DEPT/DIV: Strategic Initiatives
SUPERVISOR: Director, Strategic Initiatives
LOCATION: 2 Broadway
HOURS OF WORK: 9:00 am - 5:30 pm (7 1/2 hours/day)
This position exists to support identification and execution of strategies across the MTA family that will improve efficiency, service quality and overall performance. These initiatives are essential to achieve MTA’s targets for recurring savings that are a cornerstone of the MTA’s Financial Plan. Under the supervision of Director of Strategic Initiatives, the position conducts detailed business case and related financial modeling, develops and validates the proposed structure of the transactions, conducts rigorous data analysis, financial analysis and field observation, as well as project management necessary to achieve desired results. End result of the analysis enables the design and implementation of strategies and programs to optimize decision-making, optimize resource allocation and improve efficiency and effectiveness through revised MTA business practices.
*This position is eligible for telework which is currently one day per week. New hires are eligible to apply 30 days after their effective date of hire. *
· Conduct financial analysis and business process reviews supporting high-profile initiatives for MTA executive leadership to improve MTA’s economic efficiency, service quality and overall performance.
· Support interdepartmental MTAHQ and interagency working groups to execute projects critical to reshaping MTA into more innovative and cost-effective agency such as Advertising RFP. Projects assigned to Strategic Initiatives - Analysis division have a large quantitative and/or process design component. The Senior Associate, Strategic Initiatives will have primary responsibility for executing the quantitative/analytical side of each project as well as supporting the project management/implementation side.
· Provide analytic support to MTA HQ departments to inform critical decisions which will impact MTA’s cost structure, performance or overall productivity. Examples include benchmarking operational and support functions, evaluation of historical cost trends and relevant drivers.
· Contribute significantly to interdepartmental and interagency working groups to execute strategic initiatives critical to reshaping MTA into a more sustainable and cost-effective organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
· Must be able to perform rigorous data analysis to identify and develop optimal business strategies. With direction from Director of Strategic Initiatives, identify available information, transform it into useful data sets, and execute appropriate analytics and modeling in order to provide quality information to guide strategic decision-making. Assist in formulating recommendations for pragmatic business transformation strategies based on these insights and in some cases, assist in executing these strategies.
· Provide analysis of business strategies through examination of business plans and pro-formas.
· Understand targeted business processes and identify opportunities to reduce duration or work effort without sacrificing outcomes. Overcome agency and external parties’ reluctance to provide data and insights into business practices.
· Excellent quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills, together with demonstrated quantitative skills and proficiency in Excel modeling.
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with the talent to communicate complex quantitative concepts in a clear and succinct way to internal stakeholders.
· Strong interpersonal skills with an established history of working on projects requiring group consensus and cooperation among people with no direct reporting relationships.
· Must be capable of building a strong and successful network, developing new relationships and influencing decision makers.
· Demonstrated ability to work in team and/or group settings, including team process and staff development skills.
· Ability to prioritize among competing needs and opportunities and manage multiple projects at the same time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree with outstanding academic achievement.
· A minimum of 4 years of progressively responsible experience in consulting, finance, engineering or other highly analytic disciplines.
· A Master’s degree in business, finance, mathematics, statistics or other highly analytical discipline may be used to substitute for up to 2 years of work experience.
Pursuant to the New York State Public Officers Law & the MTA Code of Ethics, all employees who hold a policymaking position must file an Annual Statement of Financial Disclosure (FDS) with the NYS Commission on Ethics and Lobbying in Government (the "Commission")
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.