Job ID: 4566
Business Unit: MTA Headquarters
Location: New York, NY, United States
Department: Office of Talent Acquisition
Date Posted: Nov 27, 2023
JOB TITLE: Contingent Administrative Coordinator
SALARY RANGE: $27.00 per hour
HAY POINTS: UNEV
DEPT/DIV: People Department
SUPERVISOR: Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition
LOCATION: 420 Lexington Avenue
HOURS OF WORK: 8 hours/day
This position will provide clerical and administrative support for the Talent Acquisition team, specifically the recruiters. The Administrative Coordinator will perform various clerical and administrative duties and functions including, but not limited, to scheduling interviews, reviewing resumes, ordering supplies, filing, etc.
- Draft job postings
- Schedule interviews and reserve conference rooms and space for interviews and recruitment events
- Print and review resumes.
- Review employment applications for accuracy and completeness
- Input, retrieve and review background investigations.
- Professionally handle telephone inquiries
- Obtain and review internal employee service records, including service cards, attendance, and discipline records.
- Draft offer letters and other correspondence as necessary
- Maintain hard copy employee files and paperwork as needed.
- Forward pertinent paperwork to the MTA Center of Excellence to be imaged to employee personnel files.
- Order supplies and material
- Assist with special projects as assigned by TA management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong business acumen, with proven ability in data analysis and interpretation.
- Must possess related administrative experience in a fast-paced environment, preferably in Human Resources
- Strong administrative and organizational skills with the ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously in a high-volume environment while maintaining accuracy and meeting deadlines.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess proficient computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Must be detail-oriented and be a team player.
- Must possess the ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- HS diploma plus a minimum of two (2) years of clerical/administrative work in a business environment or an Associate degree (strongly preferred) and one (1) year of clerical/administrative work in a business environment.
Pursuant to the New York State Public Officers Law & the MTA Code of Ethics, all employees who hold a policymaking position must file an Annual Statement of Financial Disclosure (FDS) with the NYS Commission on Ethics and Lobbying in Government (the "Commission")
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.