JOB TITLE: Senior Manager, Procurement
SALARY RANGE: $115,000 ‐ $125,000
HAY POINTS: 657
DEPT/DIV: Procurement Department
SUPERVISOR: Assistant Chief Procurement Officer
LOCATION: 2 Broadway, New York NY 10004
HOURS OF WORK: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm (7 1/2 hours/day)
This position is eligible for telework which is currently one day per week. New hires are eligible to apply 30 days after their effective date of hire.
Manage, coordinate and direct complex procurements and acquisitions for major investments to support the operating and administrative areas of the MTA, including multi-agency program initiatives, and other high dollar/complex acquisitions which are often worth in excess of $25M. Develops acquisition strategies, assures plans are followed by leading MTA staff through the award process. Manages and coordinates award of several contracts simultaneously, and through strong knowledge of PAL 1209 and All Agency Procurement Guidelines develops MTA-wide policies and procedures which have long-term implications.
· Provides prompt and effective coaching and counseling to staff. Review performance of staff. Work with senior management to create a professional environment that respects individual differences and enables all employees to develop and contribute to their full potential.
· Plans strategies for complex procurements and acquisitions for major investments. Leads an inter-departmental procurement team in developing solicitations, negotiations and overseeing award process. Assess long-term cost implications of procurement decisions. Devise, coordinate and implement procurement strategies that account for multi-department/agency requirements while maximizing competition within the selected marketplace.
· Directs the development and review of client departments' technical scope of work and specifications and requests for contracts or contract modifications. Performs market research to determine best method of meeting MTA requirements. Researches and attains knowledge of program, regulatory and operational issues in order to assure that the procurement addresses these needs.
· Assists in MTA-wide programs involving all aspects of procurement including conceptualization and planning of strategies, consolidation, shared services, product standardization and development of best practices. Develops and presents findings and recommendation to senior management and for responses to oversight agencies.
· Drafts and negotiates contractual terms and conditions that are appropriate to the procurement of complex material, equipment, and systems. Assesses impact of various laws and guidelines on procurement process. Plans effective strategy to achieve timely and properly regulated results.
· Manages the conceptualization and development of standard intergroup policies and procedures and develops curriculum for uniform training of managerial and non-managerial staff. Develops and implements strategies to improve vendor on-time delivery performance through data collection, analysis, vendor monitoring and outreach programs.
· Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
· Must have knowledge of procurement practice and a basic understanding of legal and contractual procedures.
· Must have a sound business sense and be able to deal effectively with contractors and vendors.
· Must have an excellent understanding of Word and Power Point and have a high proficiency in Excel and data base queries to facilitate complex statistical analysis.
· Experience in preparing and making presentations to senior staff within and outside of the Authority.
· Superb communication skills as well as thorough knowledge of PAL 1209, All Agency Procurement Guidelines and procurement policy.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Excellent organizational and presentation skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work with all internal levels within a given organization.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate and interact well with external agencies. External agencies may include the Governor’s Office for New York State, New York City government, elected and other public officials, as well as any staff located at other federal or state agencies or authorities.
· Demonstrated ability to work in a high profile, high pressure environment effectively.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with key internal and/or external stakeholders.
· Must have strong managerial skills to effectively direct a staff of professional and technical employees in implementing the short- and long-term goals and direction for the area of responsibility.
· Demonstrated ability to complete short- and long-term projects effectively and as efficiently as possible.
· Demonstrated analytical capabilities and quantitative skills.
· Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite or comparable applications, i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Transportation, Public Policy or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience from an accredited college may be considered in lieu of a degree.
· Minimum 8 years related experience.
· Minimum 3 years of managerial/supervisory experience.
· Master’s degree in a related field.
· At least 3 years in a managerial and/or leadership role.
· Prior experience working in a large, multi-faceted, fast-paced organization or governmental body.
· Familiarity with the MTA’s policies and procedures.
· Experience with high dollar and/or complex procurements, extensive knowledge of supply chain dynamics, and/or public-sector procurement environment.
Pursuant to the New York State Public Officers Law & the MTA Code of Ethics, all employees who hold a policymaking position must file an Annual Statement of Financial Disclosure (FDS) with the NYS Commission on Ethics and Lobbying in Government (the “Commission”).
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.