JOB TITLE: Category Acquisition Manager – Operations Procurement (TC)
SALARY RANGE: $96,124-$107,750
HAY POINTS: 634
DEPT/DIV: Procurement & Material Management
SUPERVISOR: Assistant Deputy Director Core Operations Services
LOCATION: 420 Lexington Avenue
HOURS OF WORK: 9:00 am - 5:30 pm (8 hours/day)
DEADLINE: Open Until filed
***This position is technically covered by the Transportation Communication Union (TCU)***
Support the P&MM Operations Procurement subgroup by providing Metro-North Railroad with the management of contracts required for material, parts and equipment in a timely and efficient manner. Monitors and manages the procurement commitments for adequate vendor performance in support of on-going operational needs of major, new rolling stock investments, program overhauls and rehabilitations-oriented procurements, and rolling stock-specific consultant and services contracts, as well as all rolling stock inventory-replenishment and all operations-related material and equipment.
· This is a performance-based position. Performance objectives and indicators have been designed to measure the
· successful candidate’s achievements on a quarterly basis. The employee must meet or exceed these detailed goals as a condition of employment.
· Manage, support and train staff in all aspects of procurement: i.e., the preparation, solicitation and overall administration of Request for Proposals (RFPs) and competitive bids to ensure compliance with appropriate state and federal regulations and Metro-North Railroad policies. Mentoring staff to guide their development in conducting market research and cost price analysis related to items to be procured. Perform all other related work.
· Evaluation of MNR departments’ requirements (Maintenance of Equipment, Track, Structures, C&S, Power, and Transportation).to facilitate neutral specifications with other MTA Agencies in an on-going effort to participate in joint procurements with a view towards leveraging volume to achieve savings and or best value purchases for MNR and MTA as a whole.
· Act as Liaison to internal customers in providing strategic procurement planning and guidance. Participate in requirements planning, coordination, and scheduling with user Departments (Maintenance of Equipment, Track, Structures, C&S, Power, and Transportation).
· Attend various general/educational meetings/seminars and remain up to date on new developments with
· Procurement, Contract Administration, and related topics.
· Prepare Board packages for presentation to Sr. MNR Management. Ensure proper formats are used in accordance with MTA guidelines and that recommended actions are justified.
· Develop training curriculum to assist in development of Project Managers so as to ensure understanding of their obligations in managing third party contracts.
· Contribute to the drafting and updating of departmental policies and procedures. Ensure that staff supports ethics and compliance initiatives set forth by the MTA Corporate Compliance Dept.
· Promote safe work practices and safe working conditions. Ensure adherence to guidelines of company safety policies and procedures. Create a professional environment that respects individual differences and enables all employees to develop and contribute to their full potential.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
· Working knowledge of products and materials, procurement principles, terms and conditions, and contract law.
· Ability to learn public sector purchasing (i.e. MTA Agency, NYS, NYC) and governmental regulations (FAR, FTA), and NYS contracting provisions.
· Strong ability to evaluate contract terms and conditions. · Knowledge of procurement and accounting principles including working knowledge of cost principles.
· Detail oriented and strong organizational skills.
· Ability to evaluate the relative costs and benefits of proposed procurements and make appropriate recommendations.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Strong verbal, written, and communication skills.
· Strong ability to interact with internal and external customers.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and/or comparable applications.
· Working knowledge of an Automated Procurement System, Material Management and/or Accounts Payable Systems.
· In-depth negotiation skills including planning and implementing negotiation strategies.
· Strong ability to manage multiple service contract requests and a large volume of contracts on an on-going basis.
· Strong ability to deal effectively with high level executives inside and outside MNR.
· Ability to train and motivate staff.
· Familiarity with Procurement and Material Management systems, and/or Transportation/Railroad Operations.
· Familiarity with All-Agency Procurement Guidelines.
· Familiarity with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Federal Transportation Administration (FTA), including Circular 4220.1E and Buy America.
· Familiarity with Operations procurements, public work and Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) master contracts i.e. railcar, track, wheels/axles, parts and inspection, signals.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· B.S. /B.A. Business Administration, Finance, Management, Transportation, or an associated field with additional specialized procurement/contract administration training. Demonstrated equivalent experience, education and/ or technical credential to include four (4) additional years of related experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
· Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in a progressively responsible administrative position with emphasis on procurement of goods and services.
· Minimum of five (5) years of experience managing professional staff.
· Masters Degree in related field.
Pursuant to the New York State Public Officers Law & the MTA Code of Ethics, all employees who hold a policymaking position must file an Annual Statement of Financial Disclosure (FDS) with the NYS Commission on Ethics and Lobbying in Government (the “Commission”).
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.