Title & Requisition Number: Transit Customer Service Specialist I - II (Represented) (Requisition #: 4570)
First Date of Posting: 11/20/2023
Last Date of Filing: 11/26/2023
Division/Unit: Operations Support
Reports To: Senior Director
Location: Coney Island Yard & 130 Livingston Street
Hours of work: 8AM - 4PM
*This position is represented by the DC37 Union*
This position on the NYC Transit payroll is competitive and is eligible for the 55-a Program. This position is open to qualified persons who are eligible for the 55-a Program. Please indicate in your cover letter and in the upper right corner of your resume that you would like to be considered for the position under the 55-a Program. For detailed information regarding the 55-a Program, please visit the following link https://www1.nyc.gov/site/dcas/employment/55-a-program.page
Transit Customer Service Specialist I (TA): $46,271 - $60,382
Transit Customer Service Specialist II (TA): $56,852 - $69,791 (New Hire Rate: $49,433)
This position is responsible for handling all picks and bids for hourly and supervisors in MOW. Ensure all picks and bids comply with contractual agreement and department procedures. Coordinate activities with operating divisions, Human Resources, and Timekeeping.
Education and Experience:
Transit Customer Service Specialist I & Transit Customer Service Specialist II:
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university; or
- An associate degree from an accredited college or university and one year of satisfactory, full-time experience in a customer service or public information capacity; or
- A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and two years of satisfactory, full-time experience in a customer service or public information capacity; or
- Education and/or experience equivalent to “1”, “2” or “3” above.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledgeable about NYCT Rules and Regulations.
- Strong organizational and presentation skills.
- Ability to coordinate, schedule, and prioritize activities to meet deadlines.
- Proficient in using Microsoft applications (PowerPoint, Word, Access, Outlook etc.)
Based on evaluation of education, skills, experience, and interview.
All appointments, with the exception of the Department of Subways employees on MABSTOA payroll, will be made on the NYCT payroll.
Pursuant to the New York State Public Officers Law & the MTA Code of Ethics, all employees who hold a policymaking position must file an Annual Statement of Financial Disclosure (FDS) with the NYS Commission on Ethics and Lobbying in Government (the “Commission”).
Equal Employment Opportunity:
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.