Title: Geographic Information System Functional Lead, Enterprise Asset Management (#4540)
Opening Date: 11/16/2023
Closing Date: 12/07/2023
Reports to: Geographic Information System Manager, Enterprise Asset Management
Work Location: 2 Broadway
Hours of Work: Managerial
$77,463 - $114,945 (Grade F, Hay points: 452)
The Geographic Information System Functional Lead of Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) is responsible for leading a team of analysts, responsible for developing Geographic Information System (GIS) data derived from the Subways EAM System and creating visualizations based upon designs submitted by EAM Functional Teams. The incumbent will:
- Developing Map-based visualizations based upon designs submitted by the Divisional Teams
- Manage the process for DOS EAM digital mapping data creation and also manage the availability of digitally mapped information across DOS.
- Ensure data quality, accuracy, establish process to communicate and share data standards.
- Work with the Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) leadership to determine priority order for the new map-based solutions.
- Provide guidance to the subordinates in developing solutions to complex data queries, GIS functionalities, monitor progress and assist team members, as necessary.
- Troubleshoot production report issues collectively with the team and implement solutions in coordination with the Quality Assurance team.
- Coordinate with the Change Management team to inform the user's community of any changes.
Education and Experience:
- A Baccalaureate in business administration, finance, computer science, marketing, engineering and a minimum of four (4) years of experience and at least two (2) years of which must have been in a managerial/supervisory capacity.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience from an accredited college may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Strong Power BI and COGNOS report skills.
- Strong understanding of databases.
- Proven experience delivering projects on time.
- Strong project management skills.
- Knowledge of NYCT rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Based on evaluation of education, skills, experience, and interview.
All appointments, with the exception of the Department of Subways employees on MaBSTOA payroll, will be made on the NYCT payroll.
Pursuant to the New York State Public Officers Law & the MTA Code of Ethics, all employees who hold a policymaking position must file an Annual Statement of Financial Disclosure (FDS) with the NYS Commission on Ethics and Lobbying in Government (the “Commission”).
Equal Employment Opportunity:
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.