Title: Employee Apps & Operations Administrator
Post Date: 11/16/2023
Close Date: 11/30/2023
Hay Point Evaluation: N/A
100% Hourly Rate of Pay: $56.356* (See Wage Progression Chart)
Position Classification: Safety Sensitive
Reports To: Lead Branch Line Manager
Union Affiliation: TCU 5
Please note that this position has been designated as a “Policy Maker” pursuant to the New York State Public Officers Law & the MTA Code of Ethics. As such, you will be required to complete a Financial Disclosure Statement that will be provided to you by the New York State Joint Commission on Public Ethics.
The purpose of this position is to monitor the Station’s Department dispatching system, work with MTAIT, and where appropriate with the vendor, to ensure the system is working as intended. Check all vendor updates and formulate a training plan for dispatchers and payroll staff for initial onboarding of system and for future training. Serve as liaison between the Stations department and the MTA IT Department for various systems and applications the Station’s Department employees use. As the end user department representative for the Stations’ Department systems, collaborate with the departmental managers and leaders to ensure they are able to use the systems as intended and that MTA IT has upgraded as needed (including but not limited to: SEAMS, EAM, OMNY, Fire Extinguisher Application, Station Inspection Application). Supervise and ensure employees comply with time and attendance policies, including the effective control of overtime expenditures, including site audits, which may be performed during incumbent’s non-scheduled work hours. Coordinate as needed with MTA IT operations that support all the systems and applications Station’s employees use for daily operations. Be the main point of contact for the department in regard to collecting system enhancement requirements within the Station’s Department, securing necessary approvals within the department, and sharing these with the MTA IT Department when needed based on operations within the department. (Note: As the MTA IT Department updates its methodologies for managing IT applications, it is anticipated that there will be more interaction with user department management, leaders and staff, and this role will have a coordination role.)
- Work with departmental managers and leaders on related duties.
- Work on efficiencies within the department using the latest MTA IT-approved technologies.
- Assist with updates to systems that are used in the department.
- Lead the manpower/dispatching office in getting the current dispatching application up to date on correct job/employee info and CBA rules, supervise the Chief Crew Dispatcher in the functionality of the dispatching system. Work with the MTA IT Department and vendor to ensure the application works as needed regarding labor union CBA applied rules pertaining to dispatching and payroll. Troubleshoot all issues dispatchers and payroll staff have with the application. As the end user department representative, run test scripts and do parallel testing in conjunction with MTAIT department in order to ensure application works as intended and can be used as the official dispatching system for the Stations Dept. Develop a training plan for the dispatchers and payroll staff to become well versed in the use of the current dispatching system. Liaison between the department dispatchers/payroll staff, the MTA IT Department and the 3rd party vendor when the system is not working correctly. Maintain all relevant updates as it pertains to job changes, employee changes etc. and run test scripts to ensure accuracy. Work with the payroll dept and the MTA IT Department to guarantee a seamless and accurate interface between the dispatching system and the payroll system.
- Take the lead on all other Stations’ Dept applications to ensure they are working as intended and all employees who need to use them are informed and trained properly and have the correct access. Serve as liaison between the Stations dept and MTA IT.
- Develop and maintain training manuals for the employees to refer to for each system that is required to be used within their job duties.
- Select, develop and motivate personnel within the department. Provide career development for subordinates. Provide prompt and effective coaching and counseling. Responsible for discipline/termination of employees when necessary. Promote safe work practices and provide safe working conditions. Create a professional environment that respects individual differences and enables all employees to develop and contribute to their full potential.
- Ensure a safe working environment and adherence to guidelines of company safety policies and procedures. Lead by example.
- Perform other assignments as requested by Sr. Management. Provide ideas for technological efficiencies relating to required operations through research of up-to-date upgrades and new technology.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field. Demonstrated, directly related, equivalent experience and education may be considered in lieu of the degree, subject to approval.
- Must possess a strong understanding of Information Technology with proven end user work experience with applications and IT systems.
- Must be able to prove the ability to adapt to changing technology so department systems stay relevant and upgraded.
- Must possess a strong understanding and extensive business experience in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to organize, set priorities, multi-task, take initiative and exercise sound independent judgment within areas of responsibility.
- Must be available for leadership assignments including weekend duty and holiday assignments.
- Must be able to understand basic computer database utility.
For all employees hired prior to September 25, 2014, there will be a new hire entry progression as follows:
1st 365 calendar days 80%
2nd 365 calendar days 85%
3rd 365 calendar days 90%
4th 365 calendar days 95%
After 1,460 calendar days 100%
For all employees hired on or after September 25, 2014, there will be a new hire entry progression as follows:
1st 365 calendar days 80%
2nd 365 calendar days 80%
3rd 365 calendar days 85%
4th 365 calendar days 90%
5th 365 calendar days 90%
6th 365 calendar days 95%
After 2,190 calendar days 100%
In addition to meeting the minimum requirements of the position, the selection process may include, but is not limited to a pre-screening assessment (i.e., physical, written and/ or practical evaluation) and interview. Candidates forfeit further consideration in the process if they fail to participate in any step of the process when scheduled. Make up dates/times will not be given. In addition, LIRR employee applicants must be in their current position for the 12 months immediately preceding the close date of this posting and must possess a satisfactory work history, including attendance and discipline record. A record of more than ten sick days without medical documentation in two of the last three years is considered unsatisfactory attendance. Not all qualified applicants are guaranteed an interview due to the competitive selection process. A medical examination and safety sensitive drug/alcohol test may also be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.