Job Title: Production Control Technician – Levels 1-3
Salary: Level 1-Min: $51,984.61 Max: $74,263.73
Level 2: Min: $57,183.07 Max: $81,690.10
Level 3 Min: $62,901.38 Max: $89,859.11
Deadline: Open Until Filled
Dept./Div: Office of Data Center Operations
Agency: MTA Headquarters
Location: 130 Livingston Street, Brooklyn
Hours: This is 24/7 shift operation with varying work schedules
Reports To: Lead Production Control
The primary purpose of this position is to perform production control functions as Workload Automation builds, changes, schedules, and monitor complex batch services while setting up application process streams for computer processing on various client server computers. This position will be dedicated to scheduling and monitoring the daily job streams that need to be run each day to improve efficiency.
- Maintain and update the unique calendar dates and control parameters applicable to the various job streams.
- Interpret system and job errors codes and conditions.
- Correct job aborts and perform job restart/recovery processes.
- Modify automated job scheduler events, review, and update documentation.
- Verify output job logs, tasks, and processes for successful processing.
- Balance report totals and record counts.
- Process and verify data transfers to financial institutions.
- Analyze and resolve production problems.
- Coordinate activities with the Business Service Center (BSC), clients, systems staff, users, vendors, etc. for internal and external customers.
- Process data and system backups for Disaster Recovery.
- Maintain on/off-site tapes/control, special print forms.
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand technical manuals and application documentation such that new jobs can be added and maintained with minimal training.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, evaluate options, and make decisions under tight, stressful time constraints.
- Must have knowledge in use of automated job scheduling software - IBM AS400 is preferred.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong team leader, proactive, self-motivated and ability to initiate and work independently.
- Strong people skills and proven leadership experience.
- Must be able to work autonomously at night without on-site support or supervision.
All the qualifications of level 1, plus the following:
- Demonstrated ability to plan activities and provide advanced technical direction to less senior staff members.
All the responsibilities of levels 1 and 2.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, or related discipline; or a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a production control environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, or related discipline; or a minimum of 6 years’ experience in a production control environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, or related discipline; or a minimum of 9 years’ experience in a production control environment.
This is a resume-based position in the collective bargaining unit represented by the Transportation Communications Union (TCU) and will be governed by the terms of the associated TCU collective bargaining agreement for IT employees. As such, candidates selected for this position will be represented by TCU and be on MTA payroll. In addition, candidates selected may be required to work at any MTA Agency location.
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.