JOB TITLE: Senior Operations Analyst - Benefits (Represented)
SALARY RANGE: $49,562
DEPT/DIV: HR Center of Excellence
SUPERVISOR: Manager - HR System Manager
LOCATION: 2 Broadway
HOURS OF WORK: 8 Hours/Day
**This position is represented by the Transportation Communications Union (TCU)
The Senior Operations Analyst Benefits will administer and support activities and process transactions for the Human Resources Employee Benefits area. The Senior Operations Analyst Benefits will be responsible for coaching inexperienced team members and provides guidance on process area procedures.
· Gather, validate, and maintain data and other transaction inputs.
· Gather forms and track status.
· Enter transactions in PeopleSoft and the service request management tool.
· Retrieve, index, and review scanned documents and forms.
· Provide satisfactory customer service by receiving, analyzing, researching, and seeking resolution to assigned inquiries.
· Integrate across BSC teams to document, research and resolve basic issues and errors as assigned.
· Understand when to resolve or escalate to supervisor.
· Perform / support cyclical processing and period end activities.
· Complete assignments as delegated by supervisor.
· Comply with MTA and BSC policies, practices, and procedures.
· Develop and update operating procedures and training materials as needed.
· Understand the MTA and BSC vision including how individual responsibilities fit into the long-term strategies.
· Track and report status of work
· Maintain appropriate level of process, functional and technical knowledge and participate in training to continue to develop such knowledge.
· Support other team members as appropriate.
· Adhere to team budget.
· Identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives as assigned.
· Participate in user groups as necessary.
· Identify and document input to knowledge management tool.
· Support additional benefits functions as needed, i.e. UCM, Siebel, etc.
· Support development, negotiation, and updates to Service Level Agreement
· Monitor assignment quality and service delivery against agreed-to Service Level Agreement and Key Performance Indicator targets.
· Run reports to manage, monitor and provide HR metrics.
· Conduct in person and/or virtual Open Enrollment sessions, pre-retirement seminars, post-retirement meetings, new hire orientations, union specific meetings, health fairs and information seminars for all agencies at various locations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
· Possess specific work experience for HR Benefits
· Working knowledge and use of PeopleSoft or related database software
· Ability to work in a team environment.
· Ability to process requests consistently with general supervision.
· Ability to assess problems and promptly resolve or identify appropriate team to resolve.
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with and collaborate across the BSC at all levels within and outside the organization.
· Strong time management skills and ability to manage individual assignments.
· Strong attention to detail
· Ability to handle sensitive situations and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
· Understanding of MTA HR policies and procedures
· Familiarity with performance metrics and ability to meet identified targets.
· Working knowledge of service request management tools
· Working knowledge and use of office productivity tools (e.g., MS Outlook, MS Office applications) and web-based applications.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· High School Diploma or GED
· Minimum four (4) years human resources benefits processing experience.
· Bachelor's degree or Associates degree with relevant experience in Business or related field.
· Shared Services experience.
Pursuant to the New York State Public Officers Law & the MTA Code of Ethics, all employees who hold a policymaking position must file an Annual Statement of Financial Disclosure (FDS) with the NYS Commission on Ethics and Lobbying in Government (the “Commission”).
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.