Job ID: 4453
Business Unit: New York City Transit
Location: , United States
Department: NYC Transit Authority
Date Posted: Nov 30, 2023
Title: Supervisor Station Level I/II (High Intensity Tactical Team (HITT)- Job 4453
First Date Filing 11/15/2023
Last Date of Filing: 11/29/2023
Division/Unit: Station Environment and Operations
Reports to: DCSM/GSM
Work Location: District 1/2/3/4
Hours of Work: Various
"THIS POSITION WILL BE OPEN TO ALL EMPLOYEEES CURRENTLY SERVING AS A STATION SUPERVISOR LEVEL I OR II"
We are seeking a dedicated and detail-oriented Station Supervisor to oversee our High Intensity Tactical Team (HITT) in maintaining the cleanliness and upkeep of our station. This role is pivotal in ensuring the adherence to detailed cleaning protocols and the highest standards of station cleanliness and hygiene.
- Manage and supervise the HITT team in executing comprehensive cleaning duties across all station areas, including stairways, mezzanines, platforms, passageways, overpass, underpass, escalators, elevators, and outdoor areas.
- Ensure the cleanliness of overhead fixtures such as pipes, beams, P.A. speaker boxes, countdown clocks, and parabolic mirrors, following station guidelines.
- Removal of graffiti, stickers, and markings to maintain a sanitized and welcoming environment for commuters.
- Oversee major cleaning operations in employee facilities, public restrooms, station service booths, benches, and trash receptacles.
- Coordinate escalator and elevator shutdown, cleaning, and restart procedures in collaboration with the Elevator and Escalator Unit.
- Thorough understanding of transit station cleaning protocols and maintenance procedures.
- Proficiency in using cleaning agents and disinfectants such as Fabuloso, Clean Cotton, and Spice Odor Eliminator.
- Strong attention to detail in addressing cleanliness concerns across diverse station areas.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills with team members, supervisors and management.
Station Supervisor I - (Lateral Transfer)
Station Supervisor II - (Lateral Transfer)
Education and Experience:
Station Supervisors who have one (1) year in title.
- Proficient in handling cleaning equipment, chemicals, and safety procedures within a transit station environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail, ensuring meticulous adherence to provided cleaning guidelines.
- Strong communication skills for effective collaboration with team members and supervisors.
- Demonstrated commitment to maintaining high cleanliness standards in a Station environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 tools.
- Strong understanding of operational needs and station environment goals.
Based on evaluation of education, skills, experience and interview.
Pursuant to the New York State Public Officers Law & the MTA Code of Ethics, all employees who hold a policymaking position must file an Annual Statement of Financial Disclosure (FDS) with the NYS Commission on Ethics and Lobbying in Government (the “Commission”).
Equal Employment Opportunity:
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.