JOB TITLE: Senior Director, People Analytics and HRIS
SALARY RANGE: $129,643-$170,157
HAY POINTS: 1142
DEPT/DIV: People Department
SUPERVISOR: Deputy Chief HR Operations & Analytics
LOCATION: 2 Broadway New York, NY 10004
HOURS OF WORK: 9:00 am - 5:30 pm (7 1/2 hours/day)
This position is eligible for telework which is currently one day per week. New hires are eligible to apply 30 days after their effective date of hire.
The Senior Director of People Analytics and HRIS is expected to be a key leader in business and data analytics providing critical insight to the business units’ ongoing reporting deliverables in a fast- paced and deadline-driven environment.
Oversees and directs the management, development, integration, and alignment of data analytics and business intelligence necessary for supporting the mission, vision, strategic efforts, objectives, and goals of the People Department and MTA. The position leads programs from inception to completion and delivers high-quality data solutions to drive mission-driven results for the MTA. Builds relationships and partners with leadership stakeholders to design, develop and implement data-driven insights that inform critical and strategic decision-making. Leads a team who will work in partnership with HR technology and business stakeholders across different business lines or functions to understand their front to back business processes and data architectures, identify inefficiencies and opportunities for automation, apply process engineering and automation methodologies to achieve MTA Transformation Plan objectives. Oversees HRIS Operations, HR statistics, and data engineering responsibilities across the agencies. Proposes strategies and resolves multi-faceted MTA-wide issues relating to data systems and business requirements. Assists in developing and implementing MTA short-range goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and long-term vision. Leads the design, development, implementation, and direction of the Authority-wide Human Resources Information Management systems. This is to ensure that all Human Resources transactions and incumbent data are processed accurately and on a timely basis according to the policies and procedures established by the Authority, Federal, State and the City of New York legislation. These transactions need to be cost effective, competitive, and in compliance with current statutory requirements
- Play a key role in managing the HR data and technology portfolio, helping to continue to scale the organization globally through insights, self-service, and company-wide reporting and processes.
- In this role reporting to our Deputy Chief HR Operations and Analytics, you will partner with key stakeholders across the organization to focus on developing and maintaining substantial analytics to help drive business decisions, and you will create short and long-term goals and objectives for system builds, operations, processes, data flows, and security as it relates to our People processes.
- Oversee sourcing new software programs, implementation, contract renewals, and external vendor management
- Provide strategic guidance and leadership to People Analytics function, including iterating and delivering on how we approach People Analytics, including: Partner with People team and business leaders to understand key business questions and design analyses to answer these questions;
- Identify and deliver on opportunities to support key People Team initiatives through robust analyses and dashboards, ranging from diversity to employee engagement to talent processes;
- Develop methods to measure effectiveness of all people programs, uncover insights and opportunities; and
- Builds capacity within the People organization to utilize data and analytics to drive decision-making. Create resources, dashboards, and training for HR and Recruiting teams.
- Partner across the organization to develop and execute a roadmap that delivers a simple, modern, and rewarding experience for our employees through digital solutions
- Serves as the overall product owner for the SAP SuccessFactors ecosystem, and other supporting HR applications, driving the strategic direction, roadmap, prioritization, and continual pursuit of new, innovative capabilities and features
- Leads key aspects of the global implementation of the new SuccessFactors HCM ecosystem, in partnership with the program director and IT leaders.
- Create and lead a service delivery organization and the governance processes for servicing multiple, independent customers in a complex, global operation.
- Collaborate with the senior HR leadership and shipboard and shoreside operations to advise and execute strategies based on innovative thinking and industry best practices.
- Manages relationships with key vendors and external service provider
- Leads various programs and projects to drive continuous improvement to the overall HR service delivery model.
- Build, lead, develop, and motivate a high performing, multi-cultural team, reinforcing the organization’s core values and expectations through exemplary behavior, communication, and coaching practices.
- Cultivates strong partnerships/collaboration among team, business process owners and stakeholders (HR, Benefits, Compensation, Talent, HR Ops, IT etc.) to gather information and translate that into a business process/system functionality that aligns with the needs of the business with a stellar employee experience.
- Financial Responsibilities: Manage budget and portfolio of 10M+
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Partner with functional HR leaders to define technology strategy and create and implement processes to improve the effectiveness of the team while providing a strong level of customer service.
- Develop short and long-range operating objectives, organizational structure, staffing requirements, and succession plans.
- Use a combination of technology, data, and teamwork to provide well-crafted solutions that anticipate needs across HR functions, system development/IT, HR operations, and support teams
- Understanding and experience with BPMN to model As-Is and To-Be business processes.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in enterprise data management, data governance, data quality principles and methodologies.
- Must have knowledge of HR, Payroll, and Finance business processes as well as intra and inter-departmental functions.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability regarding attention to detail and understands how data integrity affects analytics.
- Demonstrated ability to work with all internal levels within a given organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a high profile, high pressure environment effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with key internal and/or external stakeholders.
- Must have strong managerial skills to effectively direct a staff of professional and technical employees in implementing the short- and long-term goals and direction for the area of responsibility.
- Demonstrated ability to complete short- and long-term projects effectively and as efficiently as possible.
- Demonstrated analytical capabilities and quantitative skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite or comparable applications, i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Computational Mathematics, or a related field or an equivalent combination of education from an accredited college and experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum 10 years related experience, including at least 1-2 years in a managerial, project manager and/or product manager role in a large, multi-faceted, fast-paced technology organization, or consulting firm.
- A minimum of 1 year process mining or engineering experience using Celonis or similar product.
- A minimum of 2 years of BI, Data Management and Data Mining experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of hands-on working experience with varied and complex data sets building ETL (extract transform load) processes using scripting language like SQL, and Python.
- Experience with data-centric tools and technologies. For example: Data Lineage, Dictionaries, common data access APIs, golden source identification / master data management, ontology/taxonomy development, Data DevOps, Metadata management.
- Experience with curating, organizing, and classifying the data with appropriate concept models and developing taxonomies and/or ontologies in RDF/OWL or other formal knowledge representation systems Must have knowledge of cloud-based systems implementation and management
- Experience working with various front-to-back groups such as Strategy, IT, Operations, Finance, and Supply Chain and an understanding of data-centric issues that these groups face and possible solutions.
- Master’s degree in computer science, computational mathematics, or closely related field from an accredited college or university.
- Attainment of or in the process of attaining advanced HR certification such as SPHR or SHRM-SCP or equivalent certificate or experience.
- Familiarity with HRIS systems such as PeopleSoft in the following functions: Benefits, Employment, HRIS, and Training.
- Familiarity with best practices in the field especially with respect to large organizations.
Pursuant to the New York State Public Officers Law & the MTA Code of Ethics, all employees who hold a policymaking position must file an Annual Statement of Financial Disclosure (FDS) with the NYS Commission on Ethics and Lobbying in Government (the “Commission”).
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.