JOB TITLE: Document Management Analyst
SALARY RANGE: $39,717 - $66,195
DEPT/DIV: Human Resources Data Science
SUPERVISOR: Manager - Document Management Center
LOCATION: Various:180 Livingston Street/333 West 34th / 2 Broadway
HOURS OF WORK: 9:00 am - 5:30 pm (7 1/2 hours/day)
**This position is represented by the Transportation Communications Union (TCU)
The purpose of this position is to receive, sort, distribute and monitor inbound and outbound documentation.
· Receive, sort, and tag all inbound mail. Distribute to the appropriate teams.
· Index all electronic documents to the appropriate business group workflows.
· Scan paper documents into the Document Management System
· Validate scan quality on the computer.
· File, archive or destroy paper after scanning according to policy.
· Create rejection notification for documentation received not in compliance with MTA practices.
· Retrieve mail from select HR Data Science locations as required.
· Collect and send all outbound mail and packages on behalf of the Centers of Excellence.
· Communicate shipping and postal procedures to employees.
· Procure and store office supplies and packaging for the Centers of Excellence.
· Manage general document management center upkeep.
· Provide satisfactory customer service.
· Complete assignments as delegated by supervisor.
· Comply with MTA and HR Data Science policies, practices, and procedures.
· Support project activities including requirements gathering, functional design & configuration, testing, training design, development & delivery, post production support.
Individual and Team Responsibilities
· Understand the MTA and HQ Data Science vision including how individual responsibilities fit into the long-term strategies.
· Maintain appropriate level of process, functional and technical knowledge and participate in training to continue to develop such knowledge.
· Support other team members as appropriate.
· Ensure that all assignments are completed with the highest quality and within agreed-to Service Level Agreement guidelines and Key Performance Indicator targets.
· Adhere to team budget.
· Identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
· Proficient in the use of general office machines (e.g., photocopiers, fax, scan, postage) and mailroom system applications.
· Ability to manage electronic files.
· Ability to process requests consistently with general supervision.
· Ability to assess problems and promptly resolve or identify appropriate team to resolve.
· Strong customer service skills and professional demeanor.
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with and collaborate across all levels within the organization.
· Strong time management skills and ability to manage individual assignments.
· Ability to work in a team environment.
· Attention to detail.
· Ability to handle sensitive situations and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
· Working knowledge and use of office productivity tools (e.g., Adobe Acrobat, MS Office applications) and web-based applications.
· Familiarity with performance metrics and ability to meet identified targets.
· Familiarity with PeopleSoft or related database software.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· High School Diploma or GED
· Minimum 1 year experience in a professional setting.
· Shared Services experience preferred.
· Associate’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
Pursuant to the New York State Public Officers Law & the MTA Code of Ethics, all employees who hold a policymaking position must file an Annual Statement of Financial Disclosure (FDS) with the NYS Commission on Ethics and Lobbying in Government (the "Commission")
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.