Title: Manager, Security Operations
Opening Date: 11/09/2023
Closing Date: 11/30/2023
Division/Unit: Bus Fare Enforcement – EAGLE Team/Field
Reports to: Director, Fare Enforcement
Work Location: Various
Hours of Work: Various
$71,694 - $106,385 (Grade G, Hay points: 393)
Compression rate: $93,000
This position is responsible for managing, monitoring, and maintaining various NYCT security functions. Responsibilities may include:
- Managing employees in the Security Command Center, Transit Property Protection Agents and Supervisors in the Field Operations Division.
- Managing Special Inspector and Special Inspector Supervisors in the Fare Evasion/Anti-Vandalism teams throughout the five boroughs.
- Managing timely responses to security incidents and ensures the communication of timely updates to Department of Security Executive Management.
- Performing other Department of Security related services, including but not limited to formally evaluating the performance of employees, preparing reports and conducting analysis of various incidents; manages security at special events, makes critical decisions as required.
- Responsible for the Security Camera Unit managing the installation, repair, and maintenance.
As this is a 24/7 operation, the selected candidate may be required to work various tour of duty, as well as weekends and holidays.
Education and Experience:
A Baccalaureate degree and a minimum of seven (7) years of experience in a security environment, including a minimum of two (2) years in a managerial/supervisory capacity; or a satisfactory equivalent of education and experience.
- Experience in Law Enforcement, Security, Military Police, Intelligence, or Enforcement capacity in transportation industry is preferred.
- Seven (7) years Supervisory Field experience.
- Ability to analyze problems and develop creative solutions through independent decision-making.
- Excellent customer relations, interpersonal and teambuilding skills.
- Knowledge of security procedures, best practices, software, and access control systems.
- Project tracking and management skills.
- Strong verbal, written, digital, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Knowledge of NYC Transit's rules, regulations, and operating procedures.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
Based on evaluation of education, skills, experience, and interview.
Pursuant to the New York State Public Officers Law & the MTA Code of Ethics, all employees who hold a policymaking position must file an Annual Statement of Financial Disclosure (FDS) with the NYS Commission on Ethics and Lobbying in Government (the “Commission”).
Equal Employment Opportunity:
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.