JOB TITLE: Director HCM Solution Architect and Data Steward
SALARY RANGE: $137,416 - $162,690
HAY POINTS: 954
DEPT/DIV: People Department
SUPERVISOR: Senior Director People Analytics and HRIS
LOCATION: MTAHQ - 2 Broadway, New York, NY 10004
HOURS OF WORK: 9:00 am - 5:30 pm (7 1/2 hours/day)
This position is eligible for telework which is currently one day per week. New hires are eligible to apply 30 days after their effective date of hire.
The Director of HCM Solution and Data Steward is primarily dedicated to driving strategic and operational change and building process solutions using data, technology, and creative problem-solving. The incumbent is responsible for solving complex business problems, designing innovative solutions, and transforming how the People Department delivers HR Systems and Analytics. This role will consult directly with multi-functional teams to help build and lead operational excellence and proactively seek system enhancement opportunities and designs for continuing improvement. They will help maintain and enhance all HR ecosystems/platforms, support data integrations, perform data audits and analyses, assist with systems testing and change management, and drive project management. The candidate must be a great communicator, highly organized, detail-oriented, data and tech-savvy, self-motivated, and motivated to learn.
This position will administer the HR tools, systems, and the stewardship of people data and play a pivotal role in improving the employee/candidate experience and business performance by leveraging modern technology and approaches. The incumbent will act as a lead functional solution architect and System Owner responsible for developing an operating/technological vision/solution to a business problem, integrating HR ecosystems with business practices that align with the overall MTA and People Department strategy, and enhancing the talent management cycle and business or organizational needs.
The incumbent will also oversee HR systems and analytics programs pre- and post-launch and recommends consolidation and/or termination of programs, where appropriate. The position is also accountable for building on a framework to utilize data and metrics to develop predictive analytics needed to allow for more significant informed decisions by business leaders and the People Department and serves as a strategic advisor, functional expert, and coach to the management team regarding human resources technology with partnership of MTA IT.
· Empower HRBPs and multi-functional teams (Talent Acquisition, Compensation & Benefits, HR Systems, IT/Client Services) with data, tools, and process solutions to drive operational excellence.
· In partnership and coordination with the IT department this role is responsible for presenting and implementing new technology, functionality, processes, and solutions and driving a variety of strategic and operational system initiatives through project management and change management. Technology solutions will be in accordance with MTA IT standards.
· Responsible for the overall functionality of the HR ecosystems and their integrations with direction provided by the IT department.
· Balance short term and long term needs to ensure that HR Technology architecture can scale and evolve accordingly, following MTA IT Standards and processes.
· In partnership and as directed by MTA IT enhance the HR system and assist with configurations, building new solutions; conduct User Acceptance Testing (UAT), solve failures, and conduct quality assurance checks.
· Help maintain data pipelines and system integrations to ensure data integrity and reliability; perform data audits, gap analysis, data anomalies, following MTA IT standards.
· Help lead all projects within HR Operations and Analytics HR/Tech ecosystem, drive consistency and clarity by documenting transactional processes, and lead change management and adoption initiatives for partners.
· Consult with multi-functional users to identify business needs, collect user feedback regarding system performance, requests, data management, and ensure business solutions and system functionality meet strategic goals and requirements.
· Serves as HR department liaison and Business Product Owner to IT and other departments and external vendors when it relates to use of HRIS / data and lead meetings, trainings, and system demonstrations to drive the adoptions of new solutions, processes, and procedures.
· Build reports to track key metrics (SLAs and KPIs) and clean, transform and translate large data sets to identify significant insights that will drive/support strategic business decisions.
· In partnership with MTA IT facilitate the establishment and execution of the roadmap for data and analytics, supporting the overall strategy set by the department’s product roadmap.
· In partnership with MTA IT assist with building best-in-class practices that set a high bar for data quality and accuracy, process scalability, and continuous operational improvement.
· In partnership with MTA IT find opportunities for enhancing overall data analytical visualization/dashboarding capabilities and help the team to adopt new technologies.
· Driving digital adoption where employees can leverage technology to improve their overall performance and output.
· Training for new tools at scale is difficult due to a lack of digital literacy.
· Educating and building end-user data literacy skills.
· Other duties as assigned.
· May need to work outside of regular work hours (i.e., evenings and weekends)
· Travel will be required to other MTA locations or other external sites.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
· Strong business acumen, with proven ability in data analysis and interpretation.
· Aptitude and ability to dive deep to analyze data, to develop meaningful insights and conclusions.
· Experience with presentation design, PowerPoint, MS Excel and MS Word.
· Experience owning program strategy, end-to-end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership.
· Familiarity getting buy-in for ideas with a demonstrated affinity for metric-driven decision making.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate analytics and analytical insights to a non-technical audience.
· Proven track record of creating scalable, efficient HR systems.
· Responds to customers’ needs by producing reports and resource plans with information and based on specified requirements.
· Contacts with others in the company are required to explain, clarify, and discuss the results of monitoring and performance feedback. Requires dealing tactfully in difficult situations and exchanging complex information to ensure an understanding of the issues.
· Recommendations on resource plans and action plans improve the delivery of the company’s services to the customer.
· Experience with large-scale, global deployments and/or change management.
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
· Familiarity with the following tech stack requirements: SQL, Python, MS Power BI, R, Tableau
· Demonstrated ability to influence stakeholder’s strategy by linking customer insights-driven business transformation recommendations to stakeholder business objectives to achieve mutual results.
· Self-starter and independent. Team oriented and results driven.
· Ability to interface with all levels of management.
· Demonstrated complex problems solving skills.
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree in information technology management, data science, business administration, human resources, statistics, or a related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
· Minimum of eight years’ experience of Enterprise Resource Process and/or HRIS system, or related field is required.
· 3 + years’ experience supervising/managing professional staff and projects.
· 5 + years’ experience working in a data operations or analytical role; preferably with some experience in HR Technology/HRIS Operations, Information Technology, or a consulting role.
· 5 + years’ experience writing and modifying SQL code.
· Experienced with large and dynamic data conversions initiatives.
· Master's degree in a related field
· Strong Project Management Skills
· PeopleSoft and/or ERP Implementation experience
· Experience in program or project management (PMP certification is a plus.
Pursuant to the New York State Public Officers Law & the MTA Code of Ethics, all employees who hold a policymaking position must file an Annual Statement of Financial Disclosure (FDS) with the NYS Commission on Ethics and Lobbying in Government (the "Commission")
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.