Title: Office Engineer
Post Date: 11/09/2023
Close Date: 11/22/2023
Hay Point Evaluation: N/A
100% Hourly Rate of Pay: $39.86* (See Wage Progression Chart)
Position Classification: Non-Safety Sensitive
Reports To: Assistant Manager Planning & Operational Support
Union Affiliation Brotherhood of Railroad Signalman (BRS-241)
Responsible for providing administrative support to the operating sections of the Engineering Department. Responsible for ensuring administrative activities are in compliance with departmental policies and procedures as well as ensuring compliance with assigned sections, contractual labor agreements, and to ensure consistent application of such as it relates to all payroll related matters. Responsible for coordinating all administrative activities with the clerical staff.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating the preparation of the disciplines (Signal, Comm, Track, Structures, Facilities, GCM, Power) weekly payroll. This includes, but is not limited to, reviewing data entry and applying appropriate work rules when necessary.
- Complete Personnel Action Reports (PARs), update CTAMS, as well as MAXIMO/SMARTFORCE, Micro Computer Report, databases etc. Ensure all employee schedules and job code changes are updated due to Departmental Awards, Bids and Bumps and BRS Rotations.
- Review, research and resolve all payroll related discrepancies. Ensure reversals, Adjustments, Jury Duty claims, and Rule 68 violations are handled in a timely fashion. Handle and process all compensated and calendar day wage progressions.
- Create a professional environment that respects individual differences and enables all employees to develop and contribute to their full potential. Lead by Example.
- Ensure a safe working environment and adherence to guidelines of company safety policies and procedures.
- Assist management with administrative activities within Engineering’s operating departments. Handle all other assignments at the direction of Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent combination of formal education and experience.
- Must possess a minimum of two years recent, related administrative experience in an operations or production environment.
- Must possess prior payroll experience, preferably with craft/union employees, and experience working with payroll systems (i.e., Kronos)
- Must possess knowledge of the Engineering department’s organizational structure, administrative practices, and union work rules related to payroll.
- Must possess knowledge and understanding of payroll procedures and systems, labor agreements, company and departmental policies, procedures and goals.
- Must be self-motivated and possess superior administrative, oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be proactive in identifying potential issues/problems.
- Must possess strong organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Must possess proficient computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel and Adobe Acrobat.
- Must be dependable and reliable.
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Experience working with various Collective Bargaining Agreements.
80% - $31.89 1st 365 Calendar Days
90% - $35.88 2nd 365 Calendar Days
100% - $39.86 After 730 Calendar Days
In addition to meeting the minimum requirements of the position, the selection process may include, but is not limited to, a pre-screening assessment (i.e., physical, written and/ or practical evaluation) and interview. Candidates forfeit further consideration in the process if they fail to participate in any step of the process when scheduled. Make up dates/times will not be given. In addition, LIRR employee applicants must be in their current position for the 12 months immediately preceding the close date of this posting and must possess a satisfactory work history, including attendance and discipline record. A record of more than 10 sick days in two of last three years is considered unsatisfactory attendance. Not all qualified applicants are guaranteed an interview due to the competitive selection process. A medical examination and safety sensitive drug/alcohol test may also be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.