JOB TITLE: Senior Operations Coordinator – Time & Labor
SALARY RANGE: $54,932 - $68,665
DEPT/DIV: Business Service Center/Human Resources
SUPERVISOR: Manager HR Operations
LOCATION: 333 West 34th Street, New York, NY 10001
HOURS OF WORK: 9:00 am - 5:30 pm (7 1/2 hours/day)
** This position is protected by IBT Local 808 CBA**
The Senior Operations Coordinator – Time and Labor is an analytical position that requires the incumbent to perform responsibilities associated with the MTAHQ Time & Labor/Timekeeping system(s).
- Analyze information for accuracy, recording and inputting manual events that must be processed directly into the system of record(s).
- Adjust and reapprove timesheets which require correcting.
- Analyze timesheets to ensure completeness and timely submission.
- Process and approve MTA Police represented weekly timesheets.
- Research, audit and prepare final payouts for retired, transferred and deceased employees.
- Prepare data entry of paid and leave documents.
- Provide support for testing of PeopleSoft upgrades and changes.
- Review timekeeping inquiries to determine which department should best handle response.
- Perform projects as requested.
- Process reports; analyze to manage and respond to errors and irregularities.
- Review and process Service Request and UCM queues for action/response.
- Coach/mentor and support other team members.
- Update & create police and civilian schedules.
- Review and assure all active police members meet Contractual Bargaining Agreement weekly pay minimum.
- Provide time files for MTA Police weekly to Payroll department for payments verification.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Must have good oral and written communication skills.
- Must have ability to analyze, visualize, articulate, conceptualize and solve both basic and complex problems.
- Understand the MTA and BSC vision including how individual responsibilities fit into the long-term strategies.
- Must track and report status of work.
- Must maintain appropriate level of process, functional and technical knowledge and participate in training to continue to develop such knowledge.
- Must support other team members as appropriate.
- Must ensure that all assignments are completed with the highest quality and within agreed-to Service Level Agreement guidelines and Key Performance Indicator targets.
- Must adhere to team budget.
- Must identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives as assigned.
- Must participate in user groups as necessary.
- Must identify and document input to knowledge management tool.
- Understanding of MTAHQ Time & Labor/Timekeeping policies, practices and procedures preferred.
- Familiarity with performance metrics and ability to meet identified targets preferred.
- Working knowledge of service request management tools preferred.
- Working knowledge and use of office productivity tools (e.g., MS Outlook, MS Office applications) and web-based applications preferred.
- Shared Services experience preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a state's department of education or a recognized accrediting organization and one year of satisfactory clerical experience, required.
Pursuant to the New York State Public Officers Law & the MTA Code of Ethics, all employees who hold a policymaking position must file an Annual Statement of Financial Disclosure (FDS) with the NYS Commission on Ethics and Lobbying in Government (the "Commission").
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.