JOB TITLE: Manager NYCTA Revenue Reconciliation and Reporting
SALARY RANGE: $94,000 - $104,000
HAY POINTS: 588
DEPT/DIV: Revenue Management
SUPERVISOR: Senior Manager NYCTA Revenue
LOCATION: 2 Broadway
HOURS OF WORK: 9:00 am - 5:30 pm (7 1/2 hours/day)
DEADLINE: November 27, 2023
This position is responsible for the day-to-day oversight and managing of the financial settlement operations with credit/debit card service providers (Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Discover, banks and merchant transaction acquirers) as they pertain to customer purchases of fare media made with debit and credit cards. Also, responsible for adapting current settlement operations to new bank product, such as OMNY cards and to changing card association rules and procedures. Oversee daily revenue reconciliation for vending machines at NYCTA, PATH, and Air Train locations – including monthly reporting, conforming to audit requirements and other business/ad hoc reports. In addition, will be responsible for transitioning settlement operations from MetroCard to OMNY and settlement operations for new OMNY affiliates (Roosevelt Island Tram, etc.)
- Select, develop and motivate personnel within the department. Provide career development for subordinates. Provide prompt and effective coaching and counseling. Responsible for discipline/termination of employees when necessary. Review performance of staff. Create a professional environment that respects individual differences and enables all employees to develop and contribute to their full potential.
- Direct and oversee all facets of the financial settlement operations with service providers (Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Discover, banks and merchant transaction acquirers) as they pertain to customer purchases of fare media made with debit and credit cards.
- Responsible for adapting current settlement operations to new bank products and to changing credit/debit association rules and procedures.
- Manage revenue reconciliation for vending machines at NYCTA. PATH and Air Train locations, including monthly reporting, conforming to audit requirements and other business/ad hoc reports.
- Assist in the transition to and the implementation of the new OMNY revenue system at NYCTA. Review all information submitted by the various departments within NYCTA and outside consultants utilized in the preparation of the financial reports for quality and accuracy.
- Oversee & reconcile new OMNY affiliates to the NYCTA system.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Must have knowledge of revenue systems.
- Must have knowledge of financial systems (i.e., PeopleSoft, Hyperion).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with all internal levels within a given organization.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and interact well with external agencies. External agencies may include the Governor’s Office for New York State, New York City government, elected and other public officials, as well as any staff located at other federal or state agencies or authorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a high-profile, high-pressure environment effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with key internal and/or external stakeholders.
- Must have strong managerial skills to effectively direct a staff of professional and technical employees in implementing the short- and long-term goals and direction for the area of responsibility.
- Demonstrated ability to complete short- and long-term projects effectively and as efficiently as possible.
- Demonstrated analytical capabilities and quantitative skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite or comparable applications, i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, Business, or a related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum 5 years related experience, including at least 4 years in a managerial and/or leadership role in a large, multi-faceted, fast-paced organization or governmental body preferred.
- Master’s degree in a related field.
- At least 3 years in a managerial and/or leadership role.
- Prior experience working in a large, multi-faceted, fast-paced organization or governmental body.
- Attainment of or in the process of attaining specific functional licenses or certifications in area of specialty if applicable.
- Attainment of or in the process of attaining P.E. license from New York State.
- Familiarity with the MTA’s policies and procedures.
- Familiarity with the MTA’s collective bargaining procedures.
Pursuant to the New York State Public Officers Law & the MTA Code of Ethics, all employees who hold a policymaking position must file an Annual Statement of Financial Disclosure (FDS) with the NYS Commission on Ethics and Lobbying in Government (the “Commission”).
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.