JOB TITLE: Senior Equal Opportunity (EO) Analyst
SALARY RANGE: $71,328 - $93,618
HAY POINTS: 451
DEPT/DIV: Department of Diversity & Civil Rights
SUPERVISOR: Mgr, EO Analysis & Reporting
LOCATION: 2 Broadway New York, NY 10004
HOURS OF WORK: 9:00 am - 5:30 pm (7 1/2 hours/day)
DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
Under the direction of the Manager, Equal Opportunity Analysis and Reporting, the Senior Equal Opportunity (EO) Analyst will assist with the preparation and development of reports on trends and other workforce data for reports pertaining to all agency MTA-wide equal opportunity compliance statistics. This includes for MTA’s equal employment opportunity program, policies and agency-specific establishment-based plans. The Senior EO, Analyst will perform routine assignments & data collection from PeopleSoft or various databases and statistical analyses to ensure compliance with Federal and State laws and regulations. This position will gather, monitor, analyze and report on workforce activities.
The Senior EO, Analyst is responsible for collecting business intelligence data from available industry reports, public information, field reports, etc., for preparing practical & statistical reports and analyzing data from internal and external sources, in order to support data & analytical needs across the EEO, Title VI and Diversity & Inclusion towers. The Senior EO, Analyst will understand the seven (7) operating agencies’ needs (e.g., for new reports or improvements to existing datasets) and work closely with the Manager, EO Analysis and Reporting. Serving as a data resource for reporting on MTA-wide and on agency-specific requests, as it relates to the implementation of equal opportunity, when ad hoc analytical requests occur, the incumbent will respond or redirect it internally, as appropriate.
- Develop, execute and analyze reports, including the use of the appropriate statistical tool for analyses that enable the monitoring and assessment of employment practices as required by FTA Cir. 4701.1A and ad-hoc reports, as needed
- Compile, validate and apply practical (impact ratio analysis) and/or statistical tests (chi square, multiple regression, statistical significance, etc.) for agency-specific and/or enterprise-wide employment-related data (recruitment, hires, promotions, transfers, separations, compensation, etc.)
- Identify and analyze industry or geographic trends that may have business strategy implications or compliance with FTA and NYS reporting obligations
- Collect business intelligence data from available industry reports, public information, field reports, (e.g. US Census Bureau, Federal Transit Administration, EEOC) as applicable
- Examine and verify workforce data used for EEOP preparation, for progress made toward goal attainment and perform root cause analyses to determine where opportunities may exist to meet established short- and long-term goals
- Establish metrics needed for internal and external reporting schedule requirements and prepare internal status reports, progress against goals and outcomes of evaluation activities.
- Perform data mining and identify issues in data quality that would impact reporting (i.e. duplicate records, missing data, etc.)
- Identifies methods of data visualization and presentation principles to ensure effective and impactful communication of projects or reports to management and other stakeholders
- Prepare and deliver programmatic updates to track workforce trends, identify compliance risks and recommend solutions for executive & senior leadership, including possible changes to policies and/or processes
- Maintain or update databases, dashboards, HRIS systems, or methods and prepare requested reports, graphics, presentations and/or responses to ad-hoc requests
- Maintain knowledge of current tools, technology and methodologies for executing employment data collection, analyzing and providing interpretation and insight. Performs other duties, as assigned
- Serves as liaison and point of contact for agencies’ analytical needs and collaborate with stakeholders to document requirements for reporting
- Provide detailed analyses and provide data support for ongoing investigations, as needed
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to collaborate with key stakeholders and various levels of management
- Demonstrated experience in statistical analysis and advanced computer skills (word-processing, spread sheets, and databases) are a must.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, data management and proficiency in Human Resources systems (preferably PeopleSoft-Reporting) or comparable HR Information System, and Microsoft Office Suite or similar applications. Experience with BI tools, preferred.
- Aptitude and proven ability to analyze data, interpret and develop meaningful insights and conclusions
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to interpret & report on key analytical findings
- Experience demonstrating a high attention to detail and accuracy, with the ability to successfully handle multiple concurrent projects/priorities simultaneously
- Attention to detail with demonstrated experience resolving problems through analytical reasoning by identifying issues and assessing problems
- Must possess qualitative and quantitative skills, be results- focused and be able to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in Statistics, Economics, Business Administration, Public Administration, or related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- At least four (4) years of experience with analytical work using databases and analytical tools to solve business problems for a large organization is required. An emphasis on supporting EEO/AA or civil rights programs is preferred.
As an employee of MTA Headquarters, you may be required to complete an annual financial disclosure statement with the State of New York, if your position earns more than $108,638 (this figure is subject to change) per year or if the position is designated as a policy maker.
HOW TO APPLY:
MTA employees must apply via My MTA Portal. You can submit an online application by logging into My MTA Portal, clicking the My Job Search ribbon, and selecting the “Careers” link.
Logging in through My MTA Portal will link your BSC ID number to your job application to identify you as an internal applicant.
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.