Job ID: 4356
Business Unit: New York City Transit
Location: New York, NY, United States
Department: Operations Support/Admin
Date Posted: Nov 22, 2023
Title: Director, Expense Analysis
Opening Date: 11/1/2023
Closing Date: 11/22/2023
Division/Unit: Operations Support
Reports to: Senior Director, Expense Analysis
Work Location: 130 Livingston Street, Brooklyn, NY 11202
Hours of Work: Managerial
$88,539 - $131,381 (Grade D)
The Operations Support Division provides analytical and management support to the operating divisions. The Director of the Expense Analysis Unit will join the Subways management team to cultivate a unit of analysts charged with monitoring the Subways $5 billion operating budget for selected operating divisions. The incumbent will:
- Provide full support to their assigned divisions ensuring timely information on allocations and spending which will assist in the management of the workforces in those divisions.
- Assure that the unit's analytic team develops a comprehensive understanding of Division operations and fiscal needs through site visits and meetings with key operating staff.
- Respond to funding requests and reduction targets by directing analytic efforts and working with division managers to recommend the most cost-efficient means of meeting stated objectives, along with documentation of the implications of alternative funding levels.
- Manage functions pertaining to budget development, variance analysis, overtime analysis and forecasting models.
- Work with the Performance Analysis Unit to develop and manage a performance-based budget framework and work toward continual improvement of data quality and work processes within the unit through research and use of state-of-the-art analytic tools and best practices.
Education and Experience:
- A Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college with a major in Public Administration,
Business or a related field and seven (7) years of related work experience including four (4)
years in a managerial/supervisory capacity.
- A satisfactory equivalent of education and experience.
All candidates must have four (4) years of managerial/supervisory experience.
- Master's degree is preferred.
- Knowledge of budget preparation and financial analyses.
- Experience with the Department of Subways hiring policies and procedures.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills a must.
- Must demonstrate the ability to develop budget forecasting models that reflect key workload drivers.
- Excellent managerial, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with databases and statistics.
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications including word, Excel and Access.
- Familiarity with Dashboards and other tools to present/communicate information.
Based on evaluation of education, skills, experience, and interview.
All appointments, with the exception of the Department of Subways employees on MaBSTOA payroll, will be made on the NYCT payroll.
Pursuant to the New York State Public Officers Law & the MTA Code of Ethics, all employees who hold a policymaking position must file an Annual Statement of Financial Disclosure (FDS) with the NYS Commission on Ethics and Lobbying in Government (the “Commission”).
Equal Employment Opportunity:
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.