JOB TITLE: Manager, HR Business Partner, Administration
SALARY RANGE: $83,981 - $104,976
HAY POINTS: 588
DEPT/DIV: People Department
SUPERVISOR: Deputy Chief People Officer
LOCATION: 420 Lexington Avenue, 12th Floor
HOURS OF WORK: 8 Hours per Day
This position is eligible for telework which is currently one day per week. New hires are eligible to apply 30 days after their effective date of hire.
This position is responsible for providing administrative support to the Deputy Chief People Officer Metro-North and manage the overall office function of the MNR People Department. This position will manage all administrative aspects of the MNR People Department function; including but not limited to the financials, including assisting in the preparation of the departmental budget, monitoring expenditures, and ensuring invoices and paid accurately and timely. This position will also act as a liaison with all MTA agencies People departments in support of the goals of the consolidated MTA People department. Responsible for maintaining and improving the efficiency and effectiveness of all areas under the Deputy Chief People Officer direction, as well as supporting and participating with HRBP Team engagement initiatives.
Select, develop, and motivate personnel within the department. Provide career development for subordinates. Provide prompt and effective coaching and counseling. Responsible for discipline/termination of employees when necessary. Review performance of staff. Create a professional environment that respects individual differences and enables all employees to develop and contribute to their full potential.
Manage administrative and budget functions, including correspondence, payroll, timekeeping, internal controls, contracts, vendors, office space management and safety.
Manage administrative staff, compose, and manage the development of administrative policies and procedures. Troubleshoot and resolve administrative issues.
Oversee various administrative duties in support of the office, compose letters and memos, maintain calendars, schedule meetings, answer telephone calls, order supplies, file documents.
Manage departmental payroll and timekeeping functions to ensure accuracy and timely submittal.
Manage the vacation/personal/sick leave calendar for the entire People, EAP and OHS departments to ensure adequate staffing.
Coordinate the acquisition and distribution of materials, supplies, equipment and team/organizational notifications.
Departmental initiator for Position Update Request (PUR) and Personnel Action Request (PAR).
Process and pay invoices through the PeopleSoft Financials requisition system.
Assist with creating, updating, and tracking the department budget including handling of invoice payments in a timely and efficient manner and reconcile all invoicing.
Manage the hiring approval process between the Operating department, Budget and the Office of the President.
Manage all acting pay requests and contingent assignments for the MNR Operating departments.
Coordinate all the activities of the MNR People Department including departmental meetings and events. Act as the MNR HR team point person and resource for any issues that the staff encounter that they are uncertain on how to proceed. This role will be looked at to solve all administrative challenges and questions the MNR People team has.
Assist with establishing a professional and engaging team environment.
Assist department leadership and with developing plans to improve on activities related to employee engagement, recognition, and retention.
Assist in various human resources-related projects (i.e. hiring/interview, benefits, Org Charts, etc.).
Organize a variety of regular and special committee meetings, preparing any required materials.
Resolve technology-related problems with the assistance of IT.
Manage the coordination of new hire orientation.
Perform other special projects and assignments as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong management, teambuilding, and communication skills.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize and get things done.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn quickly with focus on high productivity and results.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels including executives.
- Demonstrated Project Management skills.
- Computer proficiency in a windows environment using MS Office, spreadsheets and databases.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with department team members.
- Demonstrates flexibility to handle interruptions and changing work requirements.
- Proficient with organizational chart program, OrgPlus8 Program or demonstrated equivalent.
- Knowledge of an integrated financial system, preferable PeopleSoft.
- Must be able to function effectively with multiple priorities with adherence to deadlines.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of office operations, procedures, and policies.
- Knowledge of statistical data for reporting purposes.
- Positive and professional demeanor with ability to contribute to building a positive working environment.
- Highly detail oriented with analytical skills.
- Ability to accurately anticipate issues and needs of MNR HRBP Team and take action as necessary.
- May need to work outside of normal work hours.
- Travel may be required to other MTA locations and the Metro-North service territory.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field. Demonstrated equivalent experience, education, and/or technical credentials to include four (4) years of related experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressive administrative office experience, including senior level support, and oversight of a fast-paced department including overall functional responsibility.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience managing staff and/or a function.
Pursuant to the New York State Public Officers Law & the MTA Code of Ethics, all employees who hold a policymaking position must file an Annual Statement of Financial Disclosure (FDS) with the NYS Commission on Ethics and Lobbying in Government (the "Commission").
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.