Title: Manager HR Business Partner
Department: People (HR)
Post Date: 10/20/2023
Close Date: Until Filled
Hay Point Evaluation: 677
Salary Range: $90,396 - $118,645
Position Classification: Non-Safety Sensitive
Reports To: Sr. Director HR BP
This is a Non-Represented Position.
This position is eligible for telework which is currently one day per week. New hires are eligible to apply 30 days after their effective date of hire.
Please note that this position has been designated as a “Policy Maker” pursuant to the New York State Public Officers Law & the MTA Code of Ethics. As such, you will be required to complete a Financial Disclosure Statement that will be provided to you by the New York State Joint Commission on Public Ethics.
This role will serve as MTA Agency’s Manager HR Business Partner (HRBP), responsible for implementing the MTA People’s (HR) integrated solutions, programs, and strategies; as well as support and implement a myriad of HR functions and program activities across multiple functions for the MTA Agency. The incumbent will support the centralized recruitment, compensation, employee relations and HRIS functions. In addition, the Manager HRBP will be assigned special projects which are critical for identifying gaps in HR processes, workflows, policies and procedures as needed.
- Responsible for implementing the MTA People’s (HR) integrated solutions, programs, and strategies; as well as support and implement a full range of HR activities across multiple functions for the MTA Agency.
- Support the Senior Manager with the day-to-day Human Resources activities of assigned departments and is charged with developing strategic relationships with designated departments, providing them with an effective and efficient customer service-oriented team that will handle all their HR-related needs.
- Assist with the hiring activities, including assist with recruiting efforts, posting jobs, testing, candidate outreach, updating job description, interviewing, selecting, preparing salary offers, coordinating physicals/health screening, and on-boarding.
- Assist senior level management in implementing HR policies and procedures to the consolidated workforce, addressing, and mitigating cross-agency issues. Provide employee benefits information as appropriate. Keep abreast of any changes to policy and ensure accurate communication of same.
- Assist with employee relations concerns including performance improvement plans, discipline/termination of employees when necessary. Create a professional environment that respects individual differences and enables all employees to develop and contribute to their full potential.
- Work with Senior Manager, HRBP and/or departmental managers on organizational reviews, workforce planning and forecasting, recruitment strategies, succession planning and compensation issues.
- Serve as departmental resource on LIRR People related policies and procedures and ensure consistent application and implementation of policies and resources across the business area. Provide performance management guidance and consultation to managers, including coaching, counseling, and career development.
- Provide research and statistical information to assist in the formulation of HR policies and programs including ad hoc research and reports as requested.
- Assist with employee engagement. Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, increase job satisfaction, build morale, increase productivity, and retention/decrease turnover.
- Visit field locations to build relationships and fully understand the business challenges and provide practical and actionable HR solutions.
- Initiate, review and approve HR transactions in PeopleSoft.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- A minimum of five (5) years of Human Resources experience in recruitment, compensation, employee relations, or HRIS.
- Must have practical working knowledge of at least two of the following human resource disciplines: recruitment, compensation, performance management, employee relations, HRIS, or benefits.
- Must have experience administering human resources programs with ability to effectively manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously within limited specific time frames.
- Strong working knowledge of corporate organizational structures and their functions with a broad perspective of resources-staffing needs and employee development.
- Knowledge of relevant state and federal laws and regulations affecting related HR activities.
- Knowledge of labor agreements and related human resources laws.
- Effective verbal and written communication, negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Proven ability to build effective partnership relationships with department heads and managers.
- Proven ability to take initiative and be proactive with ability to identify and anticipate department needs and recommend solutions.
- Proven ability to interact with managers and employees at all levels in the organization, and to work as part of a team.
- Demonstrated proficiency in PeopleSoft (8.8 or above) or a similar HRIS system required; and Microsoft Office Suite or comparable applications, i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; and TEAMS, ZOOM or similar virtual platforms.
- Proficiency in and/or ability to learn analytical and/or quantitative skills.
- Have attained, or in the process of attaining, an advanced Degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Have attained, or in the process of attaining, certification in either a Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR).
In addition to meeting the minimum requirements of the position, the selection process may include, but is not limited to, a pre-screening assessment (i.e., physical, written and/ or practical evaluation) and interview. Candidates forfeit further consideration in the process if they fail to participate in any step of the process when scheduled. Make up dates/times will not be given. In addition, LIRR employee applicants must be in their current position for the 12 months immediately preceding the close date of this posting and must possess a satisfactory work history, including attendance and discipline record. A record of more than 10 sick days in two of last three years is considered unsatisfactory attendance. Not all qualified applicants are guaranteed an interview due to the competitive selection process. A medical examination and safety sensitive drug/alcohol test may also be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.