JOB TITLE: Manager, Accounts Payable
SALARY RANGE: $93,000 - $103,000
HAY POINTS: 588
DEPT/DIV: Financial Operations
SUPERVISOR: Deputy Director, Accounts Payable
LOCATION: 333 West 34th Street, New York, NY 10001
HOURS OF WORK: 9:00 am - 5:30 pm (7 1/2 hours/day)
DEADLINE: Open until Filled
This position is eligible for telework which is currently one day per week. New hires are eligible to apply 30 days after their effective date of hire.
The purpose of this position is to manage transaction processing for Accounts Payable functions including timely and accurate disbursement of payments and maintaining business processes that promote operational effectiveness on behalf of the MTA and its operating agencies. The Manager Accounts Payable is also responsible for managing team workload and resources in compliance with MTA goals and objectives and supervising, training, and developing team members.
· Select, develop, and motivate personnel within the department. Provide career development for subordinates. Provide prompt and effective coaching and counseling. Responsible for discipline/termination of employees when necessary. Review performance of staff. Create a professional environment that respects individual differences and enables all employees to develop and contribute to their full potential.
· Manage team workload, resources, and schedules to deliver timely, quality accounts payable services.
· Data validation and maintenance; forms and forms status tracking
· Manage training efforts to familiarize staff in supporting PeopleSoft financial system
· Inquiry documentation, research, and resolution that meets customer expectations.
· Operating procedure and training material development and updates.
· Identify, implement, and manage continuous improvement activities.
· Maintain appropriate level of process, functional and technical knowledge and conduct training.
· Track and report status of work for team.
· Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
· Working knowledge of PeopleSoft Financial Accounts Payable module or related database software to perform and support process activities.
· Ability to identify, prioritize, evaluate, resolve, and escalate complex problems promptly.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and activities simultaneously with adherence to deadlines.
· Proficient in motivational techniques to enable staff to collaborate and unite to execute tasks.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Characteristic requirements required include the following: being a self-starter, independent, highly motivated, and innovative.
· Customer-oriented; seeks solutions that will provide value to the customer.
· Excellent organizational and presentation skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work in a high-profile, high-pressure environment effectively.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with key internal and/or external stakeholders.
· Must have strong managerial skills to effectively direct a staff of professional and technical employees in implementing the short- and long-term goals and direction for the area of responsibility.
· Demonstrated analytical capabilities and quantitative skills.
· Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite or comparable applications, i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree or associate Degree with relevant experience in Business or related field or an equivalent combination of education from an accredited college and experience may be considered in lieu of a degree; and
· Minimum 5 years of experience in the Finance area of Accounts Payable.
· Minimum 3 years in managing and monitoring employees.
· Master’s degree in a related field.
· Familiarity with the MTA’s policies and procedures.
· Familiarity with the MTA’s collective bargaining procedures.
Pursuant to the New York State Public Officers Law & the MTA Code of Ethics, all employees who hold a policymaking position must file an Annual Statement of Financial Disclosure (FDS) with the NYS Commission on Ethics and Lobbying in Government (the “Commission”).
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.