JOB TITLE: Operations Analyst-Accounts Receivable (Represented)
SALARY RANGE: $45,125 - $75,208
DEPT/DIV: Controller's Office - Accounts Receivable and Project Accounting
SUPERVISOR: Assistant Director - Finance / Manager - Finance
LOCATION: 333 West 34th Street, New York NY 10001
HOURS OF WORK: 8:00 am - 5:30 pm (8 hours/day)
DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
**This position is represented by the Transportation Communications Union (TCU).**
The purpose of this position is to administer activities and process transactions for Accounts Receivable.
· Work order and miscellaneous invoice bill generation
· Preliminary bill creation and supporting documentation identification.
· Invoice adjustments
· Execute invoice adjustment.
· Gather, validate, and maintain data and other transaction inputs.
· Gather forms and track status.
· Enter transactions in PeopleSoft and the service request management tool.
· Retrieve, index, and review scanned documents and forms.
· Provide satisfactory customer service by receiving, analyzing, researching, and seeking resolution to assigned inquiries.
· Integrate across BSC teams to document, research and resolve basic issues and errors as assigned.
· Understand when to resolve or escalate to supervisor.
· Perform / support cyclical processing and period end activities.
· Complete assignments as delegated by supervisor.
· Comply with MTA and BSC policies, practices, and procedures.
· Develop and update operating procedures and training materials as needed.
· Support project activities including requirements gathering, functional design & configuration, testing, training design, development & delivery, postproduction support.
· Understand the MTA and BSC vision including how individual responsibilities fit into the long-term strategies.
· Track and report status of work
· Maintain appropriate level of process, functional and technical knowledge and participate in training to continue to develop such knowledge.
· Support other team members as appropriate.
· Ensure that all assignments are completed with the highest quality and within agreed-to Service Level Agreement guidelines and Key Performance Indicator targets.
· Adhere to team budget.
· Identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives as assigned.
· Participate in user groups as necessary.
· Identify and document input to knowledge management tool.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
· Possess specific work experience in Accounts Receivable
· Working knowledge and use of PeopleSoft or related database software
· Ability to process requests consistently with general supervision.
· Ability to assess problems and promptly resolve or identify appropriate team to resolve.
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with and collaborate across the BSC at all levels within and outside the organization.
· Strong time management skills and ability to manage individual assignments.
· Ability to work in a team environment.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Ability to handle sensitive situations and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
· Understanding of MTA Finance policies, practices, and procedures
· Familiarity with performance metrics and ability to meet identified targets.
· Working knowledge of service request management tools
· Working knowledge and use of office productivity tools (e.g., Outlook, MS Office applications) and web-based applications
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· High school diploma or GED
· One (1) year work experience in Payroll, Accounting, Finance, HR, IT, Procurement or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience in data analytics.
· Bachelor’s degree or associate Degree with relevant experience in Business or related field. A master’s degree may substitute for required experience, not to exceed two years.
· CPA or Accounting Certification
Pursuant to the New York State Public Officers Law & the MTA Code of Ethics, all employees who hold a policymaking position must file an Annual Statement of Financial Disclosure (FDS) with the NYS Commission on Ethics and Lobbying in Government (the “Commission”).
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.