JOB TITLE: Senior Director, People Analytics and HRIS
SALARY RANGE: $129,643-$170,157
HAY POINTS: 1142
DEPT/DIV: People Department
SUPERVISOR: Deputy Chief HR Operations & Analytics
LOCATION: 2 Broadway New York, NY 10004
HOURS OF WORK: 9:00 am - 5:30 pm (7 1/2 hours/day)
This position is eligible for telework which is currently one day per week. New hires are eligible to apply 30 days after their effective date of hire.
The Senior Director of People Analytics & HRIS holds a senior leadership position responsible for overseeing and aligning the strategic efforts of two critical functions within the Human Resources (HR) department: HR Information Systems (HRIS) and HR Data Analytics. This role plays a pivotal role in driving digital transformation, optimizing HR processes, and leveraging data-driven insights to support organizational goals. The Senior Director provides direction, leadership, and fosters collaboration and synergy between HRIS and HR Data Analytics, ensuring seamless integration and alignment of technology, data, and analytics initiatives that impact the broader HR data landscape.
- Human Resources Technology Strategy and Vision: Lead HR technology strategy and vision in close collaboration with executive leadership to automate processes and simplify complex data. Develop a long-term strategy for all integrated HR technology in collaboration with MTA IT Product Workforce team to support short and long-range HR and RTI People strategy.
- Emerging Technology Research and Integration: Spearhead the exploration of cutting-edge HR technology and tools, staying at the forefront of technological advancements relevant to HR. Provide comprehensive and seamless people technology platforms, processes, and ecosystems to drive digital transformation, integration, automation, and application security.
- Optimization, Efficiency and Compliance: Streamline HR technologies to simplify the HR technology landscape, reduce manual processes, improve organizational performance, and provide a good user experience. Incorporate team recommendations for procedural improvements and service delivery enhancements.
- Provide guidance as needed to the HR Technology teams responsible for systems maintenance and operations.
- Data Governance, Security and Compliance: Ensure compliance with all applicable controls, policies, and procedures in collaboration with Global Technology Solutions. Foster team collaboration in the development of policies and procedures for data governance. Ensure robust data governance, security, and compliance practices are in place to protect HR data and maintain regulatory compliance.
- Vendor Relationship Management and Budget Management: Lead relationship management with HR and software/hardware vendors, ensuring successful implementation and deployment of new and existing technology solutions. Manage budgets related to HR technology and data analytics initiatives, ensuring efficient resource utilization.
- Data Structure and Integration: Lead the structuring of HR data from multiple technology platforms to enable efficient reporting and analytics for actionable insights. Oversee the integration and delivery of all aspects of workforce data strategy, analytics and reporting, and governance.
- Data Science & Data Engineering: Foster team collaboration and cohesion to ensure the establishment of well-structured and easily accessible HR data, facilitating advanced analytics and reporting. Offer necessary oversight for data integrations from various sources, ensuring data standards for precision and reliability. Champion innovation in data engineering procedures and technologies to enhance the HR data infrastructure. Encourage the team to actively pursue automation of data ingestion and processing, thus reducing manual efforts and expediting data availability.
- Strategically and collaboratively select and ensure implementation of data engineering tools to elevate HR data management and processing capabilities.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration and Strategic Alignment: Promote cross-functional collaboration within the HRIS and HR Data Science teams, and with other HR teams and departments, and with MTA IT Product workforce team. Ensure HR technology, data, and analytics strategies are closely aligned with the vision of executive leadership and the overarching organizational goals. Effectively translate these strategic objectives into actionable HR technology initiatives.
- Change Management and Innovation: Lead change management efforts within the HR Technology, Data, and Analytics function, facilitating communication, ensuring user engagement, and managing resistance to change. Drive a culture of innovation within the team, staying updated on emerging HR technology trends and fostering a forward-thinking environment.
- Team Development and Leadership: Foster a high-performing HR Technology, Data, and Analytics team by providing leadership, guidance, mentorship, and talent development. Promote a culture of innovation, continuous learning, and collaboration within the team.
Bachelor's Degree and 10 plus years of experience, (Master's preferred) including at least 5 years in a managerial, project manager and/or product manager role in a large, multi-faceted, fast-paced technology organization, or consulting firm.
- Bachelor's degree and experience in a relevant field (e.g., Human Resources, Information Systems, Business Administration, or related field). Advanced degree or certifications preferred.
- Proven experience in HR systems management, including oversight of development, implementation, and maintenance of HR applications such as PeopleSoft, Success Factor, HCM Cloud, etc...
- A minimum of 2 years of BI, Data Management and Data Mining experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of hands-on working experience with varied and complex data sets building ETL (extract transform load) processes using scripting language like SQL, Python, and R.
- Proven proficiency with conceptualizing and leading in the development of HR technology roadmaps.
- Experience with Oracle Human Capital Management (HCM) Cloud or PeopleSoft, and Power BI management and implementations.
- Proficiency in data engineering concepts, practices, and tools.
- Experience in process optimization and automation, streamlining HR processes for increased efficiency.
- Strong history of partnering with IT and other cross functional departments.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate HR technology vendors and technologies, manage vendor relationships, and handle contract negotiations.
- Strong leadership and team management skills, with the ability to foster innovation and collaboration.
- Continuous learning and awareness of emerging HR technology trends and innovations.
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and change management skills.
- In-depth knowledge of HR systems, technology, and data governance to ensure system security, compliance, and data integrity.
- Proficiency in HR analytics and reporting, HR relevant Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and leveraging data to drive informed decision-making.
- Experience driving innovation in data engineering processes and technologies to enhance HR data.
- PeopleSoft or Oracle HCM Cloud certification preferred.
- Experience with Oracle Analytics Cloud preferred.
- Project Management certification (e.g. PMP, CSM) preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and relevant software.
- Data Governance
- Data Science
- Human Resources (HR) Artificial Intelligence (AI) Tools
- Human Resources (HR) Audit
- Human Resources Consulting
- Human Resources Information System (HRIS)
- People Analytics
- Strategic Cost Management
- Talent Management
- Analytical Reasoning
- Data Savvy
- Digital Agility
- Impact Management
- Influencing Others
- Information Transparency
- Strategic and Tactical Planning
As an employee of MTA Headquarters, you may be required to complete an annual financial disclosure statement with the State of New York, if your position earns more than $108,638 (this figure is subject to change) per year or if the position is designated as a policy maker.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified employees can submit an online application by clicking on the 'APPLY NOW' button from either the CAREERS HOME page or the JOB DESCRIPTION page.
For instructions on completing the online application, go to the MTA intranet site and click on the PeopleSoft Information hyperlink. From there select the User Guides hyperlink to gain access to the "Viewing/Applying for Jobs On Line" guide under the Recruiting section of the page.
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.