Description Job Information
Senior Manager Business PlanningSALARY RANGE:
$94,510 - $124,045HAY POINTS:
Management & BudgetSUPERVISOR:
Unit Chief OMB Business PlanningLOCATION:
2 Broadway, New York, NY 10004HOURS OF WORK:
9:00 am - 5:30 pm (7 1/2 hours/day)DEADLINE:
Open Until FilledSummary
The Senior Manager is responsible for working closely with the Department of Subways to
plan, coordinate, and manage their financial plan. This position will partner with Department of
Subways finance team to formulate and implement strategies to improve economic efficiency,
service quality, reliability, and maintenance. Responsibilities will include developing and
analyzing the strategic business and financial plan, developing, and analyzing annual
operating budget requirements, conducting special analytic management studies to improve
services and cost effectiveness, and direct analytical support to evaluate investment program
proposals to best advance NYCT’s mission.Responsibilities
- Analyze annual operating budget requirements and results.
- Conduct analytic studies to improve cost effectiveness and optimize resource allocation.
- Evaluate operating impacts of capital project.
- Problem solves finance related queries.
- Work closely with OMB units to complete the financial plan.
- Document and validate results and present analyses and recommendations.
- Select, develop and motivate personnel within the department. Provide career development for subordinates. Provide prompt and effective coaching and counseling. Responsible for discipline/termination of employees when necessary. Review performance of staff. Create a professional environment that respects individual differences and enables all employees to develop and contribute to their full potential differences and enables all employees to develop and contribute to their full potential.
- This position is responsible for performing other duties upon request.
Education and Experience
- Must have knowledge of financial planning and analysis.
- Demonstrated analytical capabilities and quantitative skills.
- Must have knowledge of the MTA organization and an understanding of the Subway system and how it functions.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to identify the appropriate analytical processes to address issues, arrive at supportable recommendations, build consensus, and ensure implementation of changes.
- Project management skills.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Must have knowledge of Hyperion Planning.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in business analysis, budgeting, or business process reengineering is preferred.
- May need to work outside of normal work hours (i.e. evenings and weekends).
- Travel may be required to other MTA locations or other external sites.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, Economics or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience from an accredited college may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum 5 years related experience of which 18 months must have been in a supervisory/leadership position.
As an employee of MTA Headquarters, you may be required to complete an annual financial disclosure statement with the State of New York, if your position earns more than $105,472 (this figure is subject to change) per year or if the position is designated as a policy maker.How To Apply
MTA employees must apply via My MTA Portal. You can submit an online application by logging into My MTA Portal, clicking the My Job Search ribbon, and selecting the “Careers” link. Logging in through My MTA Portal will link your BSC ID number to your job application to identify you as an internal applicant.Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and
abilities, including military service members, to apply.