JOB TITLE: Associate, Strategic Analysis-Energy
SALARY RANGE: $80,000 - $90,000
HAY POINTS: 451
DEPT/DIV: Office of the CFO
SUPERVISOR: Acting Sr. Director, Energy
LOCATION: 2 Broadway, New York NY 10004
HOURS OF WORK: 9:00 am - 5:30 pm (7 1/2 hours/day)
DEADLINE: Open until filled
This position is eligible for telework which is currently one day per week. New hires are eligible to apply 30 days after their effective date of hire.
This position exists to support identification and execution of strategies across the MTA family that will improve efficiency and overall performance with a concentration on energy management and management of the MTA Energy Management System (EMS). These initiatives are essential to achieve MTA’s targets for recurring savings that are a cornerstone of the MTA’s Financial Plan. The position conducts data collection and analysis, field observation, research, and modeling. End result of the analysis enables the design of strategies and programs to improve efficiency and effectiveness and generate savings through revised MTA energy management and business practices.
· Conduct financial analysis for high-profile initiatives for MTA executive leadership to improve MTA’s economic efficiency, service quality and overall performance with focus on analytical support in managing Strategic Initiatives efforts in Energy area in order to reduce cost of energy and increase energy efficiency.
· Support interdepartmental MTAHQ and interagency working groups to execute projects critical to reshaping MTA into more entrepreneurial and cost-effective agency such as the Smart Battery and EMS. The Associate, Strategic Analysis position will have primary responsibility for supporting the quantitative side of each project.
· Conducts research and project management to support and inform critical decisions which will impact MTA’s cost structure and performance - examples include managing MTA Agency-wide Energy Management System, energy bill auditing and others.
· Lead interdepartmental and interagency working groups to execute energy projects critical to reshaping MTA into a more sustainable and cost-effective organization.
· Under the direction of Senior Director of Energy Finance, manage and administer Energy Management System vendor contract to ensure seamless implementation of scope of work that is on schedule and within budget.
· Under the direction of Senior Director of Strategic Initiatives, manage the implementation of the MTA-wide Energy Management System with the senior staff of MTA Business Service Center, MTA Information Technology, Agencies’ Power Departments and Office of Sustainability.
· Provide analytical support to MTA HQ departments and operating Agencies regarding energy infrastructure-related issues and build a network of energy-related contacts throughout the MTA.
· Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
· Excellent quantitative, analytical, project management and problem-solving skills, together with demonstrated quantitative skills and proficiency in Excel modeling.
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with the talent to communicate complex quantitative concepts in a clear and succinct way to internal stakeholders.
· Strong interpersonal skills with an established history of working on projects requiring group consensus and cooperation among people with no direct reporting relationships.
· Must be capable of building a strong and successful network, developing new relationships, and influencing decision makers.
· Demonstrated ability to work in team and/or group settings, including gathering data from various stakeholders and interviewing stakeholders in a team or individual setting.
· Ability to prioritize among competing needs and opportunities and manage multiple projects at the same time.
· Demonstrated proficiency in or ability to learn the Microsoft Office Suite or comparable applications, i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree with outstanding academic achievement or the equivalent work experience.
· Minimum of 3 years’ progressively responsible work or internship experience.
· A master’s degree or experience in high level comprehensive Excel modeling is preferred and may be used to substitute for up to 2 years of work experience.
· Attainment of or in the process of attaining Energy or Sustainability degree.
Pursuant to the New York State Public Officers Law & the MTA Code of Ethics, all employees who hold a policymaking position must file an Annual Statement of Financial Disclosure (FDS) with the NYS Commission on Ethics and Lobbying in Government (the “Commission”).
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.