JOB TITLE: Senior Operations Analyst – Accounts Receivable
SALARY RANGE: $49,562 - $82,603
SUPERVISOR: Manager, Finance
LOCATION: 333 West 34th Street
HOURS OF WORK: 9:00 am – 5:30 pm (8 hours/day)
DEADLINE: Open until filled
**This position is represented by the Transportation Communications Union (TCU).**
The purpose of this position is to administer activities and process transactions for the Accounts Receivable area.
· Handle all phases of work order and miscellaneous invoice bill generation, preliminary bill creation and supporting documentation identification.
· Process and execute invoice adjustments.
· Support project activities including requirements gathering, functional design & configuration, testing, training design, development & delivery, and upgrades.
· Gather, validate and maintain data and other transaction inputs.
· Gather forms and track status.
· Enter transactions in PeopleSoft and service request management tool.
· Retrieve, index and review emailed documents and forms.
· Provide satisfactory customer service by receiving, analyzing, researching and seeking resolution to assigned inquiries.
· Integrate across teams to document, research and resolve intermediate issues and errors as assigned. Understand when to resolve or escalate to supervisor.
· Perform / support cyclical processing and period end activities.
· Complete assignments as delegated by Supervisor.
· Comply with MTA and BSC policies, practices and procedures.
· Develop and update operating procedures and training materials as needed.
· Support project activities including requirements gathering, functional design & configuration, testing, training design, development & delivery, postproduction support.
· Understand the MTA and BSC vision including how individual responsibilities fit into the long-term strategies.
· Manage individual assignments and expectations. Assist with prioritizing team assignments.
· Maintain appropriate level of process, functional and technical knowledge and participate in training to continue to develop such knowledge.
· Mentor, coach and support other team members as appropriate.
· Ensure that all assignments are completed with the highest quality and within agreed-to Service Level Agreement guidelines and Key Performance Indicator targets.
· Adhere to team budget.
· Identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
· Possess knowledge of General Accounting principles
· Ability to process requests consistently with general supervision.
· Ability to assess problems and promptly resolve or identify appropriate team to resolve.
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with and collaborate across the BSC at all levels within and outside the organization.
· Strong time management skills and ability to manage individual assignments.
· Ability to work in a team environment.
· Strong attention to detail
· Ability to handle sensitive situations and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
· Understanding of MTA Finance policies, practices and procedures
· Working knowledge and use of PeopleSoft or related database software
· Familiarity with performance metrics and ability to meet identified targets
· Working knowledge and use of office productivity tools (e.g., PeopleSoft, MS Office applications) and web-based applications
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· High School Diploma or GED
· Minimum four (4) years of experience in Accounts Receivable
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting
· Shared Services experience
Pursuant to the New York State Public Officers Law & the MTA Code of Ethics, all employees who hold a policymaking position must file an Annual Statement of Financial Disclosure (FDS) with the NYS Commission on Ethics and Lobbying in Government (the “Commission”).
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.