Job ID: 4014
Business Unit: MTA Headquarters
Location: New York, NY, United States
Department: Leasing Acquisitions & RE Ops
Date Posted: Dec 1, 2023
JOB TITLE: Deputy Director, Real Estate Project Management
SALARY RANGE: $135,000 - $145,000
HAY POINTS: 924
DEPT/DIV: Real Estate
SUPERVISOR: Director, Real Estate Project Management
LOCATION: 2 Broadway
HOURS OF WORK: 9:00am-5:30pm (7 ½ hours)
DEADLINE: December 1, 2023
This position is eligible for telework which is currently one day per week. New hires are eligible to apply 30 days after their effective date of hire.
This position provides strategic planning and direction that is essential to achieving maximum efficiency and cost-effective levels for the Project Management and Occupancy Management teams at MTA Headquarters facilities. The position will also assist in the development and administration of MTA space reconfiguration to ensure optimal utilization of MTA’s portfolio.
- Oversees the strategic planning, design, implementation, and management of approximately all of MTA’s Tenant Requested capital projects located throughout the MTA Real Estate Portfolio.
- Directs, oversees, administers, and manages MTA and outsourced Project Management and Occupancy Management staff. Select, develop, and motivate personnel within the department. Provide career development for subordinates. Provide prompt and effective coaching and counseling. Responsible for discipline/termination of employees when necessary. Review performance of staff. Create a professional environment that respects individual differences and enables all employees to develop and contribute to their full potential.
- Oversees the development of scope of work for (RFP’s for various services including architectural, engineering, and general contractor services etc.) fee proposals to ensure that MTAHQ receives adequate services that have been competitively procured.
- Oversees the preparation of scope of work for construction and maintenance projects RFP’s for office renovation and building infrastructure systems to ensure efficiency and cost benefits to the MTA.
- Manages the review of all contract proposals submitted in the pertaining to the area of responsibility to ensure efficiency, cost benefit and reliability of services provided.
- Identifies deficiencies and non-compliance, directs internal analysis, and works with NYCT code compliance and audit as necessary.
- Directs and oversees building capital projects.
- Administers and manages over 100 service and construction contracts relating to the above responsibility centers.
- Directs and oversees space management programs and the purchase of office furniture.
- Evaluates and negotiates controls with proposed vendors to obtain the most efficient and reliable service to the MTA.
- Oversee the Occupancy Management team with space reconfiguration, plans for future needs, and construction projects to accommodate headcount growth. This oversight comprises the entire 3.3 million square feet of the MTA’s administrative office portfolio, across all MTA agencies. It involves the direction and oversight of all office space planning, utilization and management including, without limitation, the management of all associated construction and purchase of furniture and fixtures associated with small, medium, and large-scale office construction projects.
- Available to respond to building emergencies on a 24/7 basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Must possess a general background with security and safety programs.
- Must possess an understanding of the procurement process and contracts.
- Must possess effective written, computer and verbal skills.
- Must be able to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Must be willing and able to work non-traditional hours, including weekends as needed.
- Must have ability to work in non-office areas, such as sub basements and areas which may be tight and restrictive (such as machine room sections of the buildings).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, or a related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of a degree; and
- Must possess a minimum of 10 years of experience in construction management, engineering, or architectural services.
- Must possess experience with office building occupancy management.
- Must be an active Registered Architect, possess an Engineering License or have equivalent experience.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience working with represented employees
- Attention to detail.
- Attainment of or in the process of attaining R.A. or P.E. license from New York State.
- Familiarity with the MTA’s policies and procedures.
- Familiarity with the MTA’s collective bargaining procedures
Pursuant to the New York State Public Officers Law & the MTA Code of Ethics, all employees who hold a policymaking position must file an Annual Statement of Financial Disclosure (FDS) with the NYS Commission on Ethics and Lobbying in Government (the “Commission”).
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.