Title: Supervisor, Transportation Operations (TSS/TD/ATD)
Closes: Until filled
Authority: New York City Transit
Division/Unit: Transportation Operations
Reports to: General Superintendent, Transportation Operations
Location: 27-17 Jackson Ave
Hours of Work: Various
Transportation Operations is looking for a motivated candidate to join a team in support of the Crew Assignment Section and The Platform Controller Unit’s administrative and operational needs.
Note: This posting is open for Internal Candidates only.
Note: You will maintain your current rate of pay.
The incumbent, as part of a team, will:
- Perform monthly portable radio & escape mask audits of field locations.
- Process and review weekly hours-of-service violations.
- Process employees scheduled for medical testing (periodical, audiometric, revisit) into UTS.
- Coordination of DAN distribution for Service Delivery.
- Perform terminal holdout/precise dispatching surveys.
- Conduct location sick leave investigations.
- Perform miscellaneous ad-hoc tasks as required.
Education and Experience
This position is open to MTA NYC Transit employees who have a current status in the title of Train Dispatcher, Assistant Train Dispatcher or Train Service Supervisor.
- Extensive knowledge of NYCT operating rules, policies, and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficiency with MS Office and experience with online reporting and analytical tools.
- Experience with HEEP, STARS, ITRAC, DRAW and their respective applications.
- Ability to use resources effectively and adapt to changing conditions.
Based on evaluation of education, skills, experience, and interview.
All appointments, with the exception of Department of Subways’ employees on MaBSTOA payroll, will be made on the NYCT payroll.
Pursuant to the New York State Public Officers Law & the MTA Code of Ethics, all employees who hold a policymaking position must file an Annual Statement of Financial Disclosure (FDS) with the NYS Commission on Ethics and Lobbying in Government (the “Commission”).
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.