Job ID: 3967
Business Unit: MTA Headquarters
Location: Jamaica, NY, United States
Department: Workforce Testing
Date Posted: Oct 19, 2023
JOB TITLE: Contingent Exam Analyst
SALARY RANGE: $31-$37 Per Hour
DEPT/DIV: People Department
SUPERVISOR: Manager, Talent Assessment
LOCATION: 144-41 94th Avenue, Jamaica, NY 11435
HOURS OF WORK: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm (7 1/2 hours/day)
The primary responsibility of the Exam Analyst is to coordinate, schedule, score, analyze and administer interviews, written tests, and practical skills tests. The Exam Analyst will maintain relationships and communications with internal departments and external vendors. The primary result is to meet the department goals of administering exams and hiring candidates.
- Schedules, coordinates, and administers assessments, including written, practical skills, physical abilities, managerial pre-screening, computer skills, structured interviews, etc.
- Conducts randomization of candidate applications and emails results to the Human Resource Recruiters. Works with testing team in scoring the tests and emails scores to the department or candidates. Maintains relationships and communications with Internal departments and External vendors.
- Assists in creating and administering job analysis questionnaires, analyzing questionnaire data to create assessment batteries.
- Reviews documents throughout the exam development process. Properly and safely stores data and exam related material, electronically and physically, in specific locations.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Must have knowledge of analyzing datasets.
- Proficiency in communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in organizational and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in working with all internal levels within a given organization.
- Proficiency in communicating and interacting well with external agencies and vendors.
- Proficiency in completing short- and long-term projects effectively and as efficiently as possible.
- Proficiency in analytical and/or quantitative skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite or comparable applications, i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people to creatively develop exams.
- Knowledge of job analysis, tests and measurement, and statistics.
- Courses in tests and measurement, statistics, research, personnel psychology, and computers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university in psychology or related field.
- An associate degree from an accredited college or university and two years of satisfactory full-time professional experience in one or a combination of the following areas: working in management or methods analysis, operations research, organizational research or program evaluation; or in personnel or public administration, recruitment, position classification, personnel relations, labor relations, employee benefits, staff development, employment program planning/administration, labor market research, economic planning, social services program planning/evaluation, or fiscal management.
Pursuant to the New York State Public Officers Law & the MTA Code of Ethics, all employees who hold a policymaking position must file an Annual Statement of Financial Disclosure (FDS) with the NYS Commission on Ethics and Lobbying in Government (the “Commission”).
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.