INTERNAL JOB POSTING - ONLY OPEN TO CURRENT MEMBERS OF THE MTA POLICE DEPARTMENT
Job Title: Request for Consideration - Detective Sergeant, Applicant Investigation Unit
Dept/Div: Office of the Chief of Administration
Supervisor: Commanding Officer Personnel Management
Location: 420 Lexington Avenue, New York, NY 10170
Hours: Twelve Hours 20 minutes (12:20 tours, Three (3) days per week, with Four (4) consecutive rest days
The Department is seeking applications from qualified Sergeants who are interested in being considered for the assignment of Detective Sergeant, Applicant Investigation Unit.
- Oversee and manage the Applicant Investigation Unit.
- Administer, direct, and review the work of AIU personnel to assure the quality of work and effective operations.
- Direct the activities of AIU investigations, report generation and investigator analysis.
- Coordinate/correspond with other Police Agencies and/or MTA Agencies
- Coordinate and maintain investigator schedules.
- Prepare, correct, and manage the preparation and maintenance of reports, records, and logs.
- Supervise, train, mentor and evaluate all assigned staff.
- Meet with staff to identify and solve problems.
- Coordinate with MTA Human Resources written entrance exams, physical fitness exams, panel interviews and all other steps of the hiring process.
- Coordinate with Human Resources and District Commanders as it relates to the Police Recruitment.
- Coordinate schedules with Recruit Training School and the Training Unit for post hire training.
- Responsible for maintaining record of Department Headcount and attrition rates.
- Oversee facility maintenance and ensure safety plans are being adhered to.
Qualified Supervisors must, at a minimum, have the following qualifications/requirements to be considered for appointment:
- Must be a Sergeant at the time of appointment.
- Must have 5 or more years law enforcement experience.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience working within the Detective Division
- NYDCJS General Topics Instructor Certification preferred.
- Previous experience within the MTAPD Applicant Investigation Unit preferred.
- Must be able to manage and preserve confidential information.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Must be able to meet hiring timelines as directed by Chief of Police.
- Previous experience in preparing and presenting reports to MTA Legal Department and MTA Human Resources preferred.
- Highly organized with proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, and Access.
- Working knowledge of New York State DCJS Hiring, Training and Accreditation Standards.
Interested employees who meet the above listed qualifications will be invited to participate in a panel interview. Candidates should understand that they are not guaranteed an assignment with the Applicant Investigation Unit, even if they meet each of the above qualifications.
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members to apply.