Job ID: 3747
Business Unit: New York City Transit
Location: Brooklyn, NY, United States
Department: RTO FIELD OPERATIONS
Date Posted: Oct 13, 2023
Title: Superintendent, Field Operations
First Date of Posting: 09/21/2023
Last Date of Filing: 10/12/2023
Division/Unit: Service Delivery
Reports to: Line Superintendent
Work Location: Various
Hours of Work: Various
Salary Range (Grade F/438): $75,942-$112,689
UTLO Rate: $115,240
This position is responsible for managing and controlling all functions required for the safe and efficient operation of a major subway line/s or corridor on a 24/7 basis. The incumbents will have responsibility for all employees directly and indirectly involved in the operations of train yards, in passenger service or in the protection and support of internal and external contractors. All positions respond to emergencies and major service disruptions. This position is a front-line entry level management position with advancement opportunities to Line or Desk Superintendent.
Education and Experience:
1. A High School Diploma and five (5) years of operating experience in a rapid transit system, of which at least two (2) years must have been at a supervisory/managerial level; - OR -
2. A satisfactory equivalent of education and experience.
- Knowledge of New York City Transit rules, regulations, policies, contracts, and resolutions.
- Knowledge of Service Delivery policies and procedures.
- Familiarity with line and yard physical characteristics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Based on evaluation of education, skills, experience, and interview.
All appointments, with the exception of the Department of Subways employees on MABSTOA payroll, will be made on the NYCT payroll.
Pursuant to the New York State Public Officers Law & the MTA Code of Ethics, all employees who hold a policymaking position must file an Annual Statement of Financial Disclosure (FDS) with the NYS Commission on Ethics and Lobbying in Government (the “Commission”).
Equal Employment Opportunity:
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities. The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.