Job ID: 3740
Business Unit: MABSTOA
Location: Brooklyn, NY, United States
Department: NYC Transit Authority
Date Posted: Oct 12, 2023
Title: Associate Transit Customer Service Specialist I - II
First Date of Posting: 09/20/2023
Last Date of Filing: 10/11/2023
Division/Unit: Operations Support
Reports To: Chief Support Officer
Location: 130 Livingston Street
Hours of work: Day
Associate Transit Customer Service Specialist I (TA): $57,653 - $74,489
Associate Transit Customer Service Specialist II (TA): $75,719 - $94,343
The selected candidate will be the lead contact for the Timekeeping unit. The candidate will be responsible for conducting periodic audits, analyzing paycheck discrepancies, processing adjustments, and partnering with Labor Relations, Human Resources, union representatives and other intra-agency contacts on resolving complex timekeeping matters for NYCT Department of Subways personnel.
The selected candidate will also be responsible for facilitating unit meetings, providing updates to management, creating presentations, and assisting with special projects as needed.
Education and Experience:
Associate Transit Customer Service Specialist 1 & Associate Transit Customer Service Specialist II:
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university and two years of satisfactory, full-time experience in a customer service or public information capacity; or
2. An associate degree from an accredited college or university and three years of satisfactory, full-time experience in a customer service or public information capacity; or
3. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and four years of satisfactory, full-time experience in a customer service or public information capacity; or
4. Education and/or experience equivalent to “1” “2” or “3” above.
• Knowledge of NYCT, Department of Subways
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, TEAMs, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
• Strong problem solving skills
Based on evaluation of education, skills, experience, and interview.
All appointments, with the exception of the Department of Subways employees on MABSTOA payroll, will be made on the NYCT payroll.
Pursuant to the New York State Public Officers Law & the MTA Code of Ethics, all employees who hold a policymaking position must file an Annual Statement of Financial Disclosure (FDS) with the NYS Commission on Ethics and Lobbying in Government (the “Commission”).
Equal Employment Opportunity:
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.