Title: Senior Manager, M of E Manpower Resource Management
Department: Maintenance of Equipment
Post Date: 9/15/2023
Close Date: 9/28/2023
Hay Point Evaluation: 805
Salary Range: $104,032-$136,530
Position Classification: Non-Safety Sensitive
Reports To: Deputy General Manager, Administrative Safety Support
This is a Non-Represented Position.
Please note that this position has been designated as a “Policy Maker” pursuant to the New York State Public Officers Law & the MTA Code of Ethics. As such, you will be required to complete a Financial Disclosure Statement that will be provided to you by the New York State Joint Commission on Public Ethics.
This position is accountable for overseeing the managers and support staff that provide uniform administrative support to the M of E Department's 2100+ employees with respect to: payroll administration, employee retention, succession planning, hiring plan, headcount management, recruiting, salary offer proposals, system management, performance appraisals, disability management, leave and absence management, auditing and controls of overtime authorizations and approvals and implement any other auditing and controls based on newly established or revised departmental policies and procedures. Also act as audit liaison for the M of E Department and ensure consistent responses are documented and submitted to requesting agency ie. Inspector General, Office of State Comptroller, MTA Audit Services. The incumbent will manage all payroll, timekeeping and auditing processes and ensure departmental compliance of all corporate Absence Control policies and procedures.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
-Plan, lead and direct all timekeeping and payroll processes to ensure timeliness, accuracy of payroll and all overtime expenditures.
-Develop, establish, and implement departmental policies and procedures to adhere to the new CTAMs (Corporate Time and Attendance System) including but not limited to new auditing procedures of overtime authorizations and approvals, leave and balance management (ie. Family leave, military leave, etc.), electronic biometric on- premises audits and analysis. Develop and distribute weekly reports to review same to all levels of management. Liaison with MTA Audits Services, Inspector General and Office of State Comptroller.
-Direct and oversee the administration and adherence of all collective bargaining agreements relative to Absence Control, disability management, probationary evaluations, FMLA administration as well as oversight and compliance of FRA requirements for Hours of Service and Random Drug & Alcohol testing. Liaison with Medical and Claims Departments.
-Direct and oversee the management of all manpower resources including but not limited to departmental headcount management, manpower resource allocation and allotment, trend analysis of employee availability and overtime expenditures.
-Select, develop, and motivate personnel within the department. Provide career development for subordinates. Provide prompt and effective coaching and counseling. Responsible for discipline/termination of employees when necessary. Review direct reports and approve performance appraisals. Promote safe work practices and provide safe working conditions. Create a professional environment. That respects individual differences and enables all employees to develop and contribute to their full potential.
-Ensure a safe working environment and adherence to guidelines of company safety policies and procedures. Lead by example.
-Perform other assignments as requested by Senior Management.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field and related, progressively responsible administrative experience preferably in an operations environment. Demonstrated extensively responsible equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of the degree requirement subject to department approval.
- -Must have knowledge of company policies and procedures, organizational structure and experience administering such in a large union environment.
- Must possess the ability to effectively coordinate with all departments involved in the day-to-day operations as well as employees of all levels of the organization.
- Must possess effective, professional communication and interpersonal human relations skills with ability to effectively, consistently and concisely manage, interpret and disseminate information as well as initiate necessary action regarding the application of labor agreements and company policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of related payroll mainframe systems, absence control procedures and related network operations; PC skills.
- Ability to manage and monitor many diverse administrative functions simultaneously.
- Incumbent must have ability and knowledge to effectively represent the General Manager, Asset Management, Budgets and Administration as necessary at meetings with Senior Staff, outside agencies, and other departments within the organization.
- Proven ability to implement and manage change. Ability to motivate others and influence decisions.
- Ability to select, lead and motivate employees; perceptiveness to identify problems/potential problems and effective problem-solving skills to recommend solutions.
- Knowledge of corporate structure, policies and procedures, applicable collective bargaining agreements is beneficial.
- Must possess demonstrated, effective leadership, analytical, judgment, negotiating and problem-solving skills.
- Must possess a professional demeanor and a high degree of integrity.
- Prior experience managing a staff is required.
In addition to meeting the minimum requirements of the position, the selection process may include, but is not limited to a pre-screening assessment (i.e., physical, written and/ or practical evaluation) and interview. Candidates forfeit further consideration in the process if they fail to participate in any step of the process when scheduled. Make up dates/times will not be given. In addition, LIRR employee applicants must be in their current position for the 12 months immediately preceding the close date of this posting and must possess a satisfactory work history, including attendance and discipline record. A record of more than ten sick days without medical documentation in two of the last three years is considered unsatisfactory attendance. Not all qualified applicants are guaranteed an interview due to the competitive selection process. A medical examination and safety sensitive drug/alcohol test may also be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.