Title: Computer Specialist (SW) I-IV
Department: MTA IT
Division/Unit: IT Product Management
Reports to: Product Director
Work Location: 2 Broadway, Manhattan
Hours of Work: 9:00 AM -5:30 PM (7 hours/day) or as required
Computer Spec. (SW) 1 TWU: $99,579
Computer Spec. (SW) 2 TWU: $103,742
Computer Spec. (SW) 3 TWU: $112,029
Computer Spec. (SW) 4 TWU: $120,179
**SELECTED CANDIDATE WILL BE APPOINTED TO MaBSTOA PAYROLL**
The selected candidate will perform information technology functions related to design, implementation, enhancement, and maintenance of systems applications and/or related software functions.
- Evaluate and formulate technical specifications and designs.
- Monitor mainframe coding and testing activities as well as conduct unit testing and support business procedures.
- Monitor IDMS & MQ coding and testing activities.
- Supervise projects and resolve technical issues.
- Prioritize business beneficial work promptly and accurately.
- Collaborate with developers to resolve defects in coding.
- Prepare manufacturing reports and timely responded to any delivery problems.
- Design and provide technical solutions for development activities.
- Create service codes on complex projects.
- Analyze and generated reports on project metrics, risks, and resolution.
- Coordinate with Business Leads to formulate solutions for effective production, deliverance.
- Administer application architecture and ensured QA competence of software services.
- Facilitate project delivery under strict timeline restrictions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
However, all candidates must have at least a four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and at least one year of satisfactory full-time experience in a project leader capacity or as a major contributor on a complex project.
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college, including or supplemented by 24 semester credits in computer science or a related computer field and two years of satisfactory full-time computer software experience in computer systems development and analysis, applications programming, database administration, systems programming, data communications, including one year in a project leader capacity or as a major contributor on a complex project; or
- A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and six years of satisfactory full-time computer software experience as described in "1" above including one year in a project leader capacity or as a major contributor on a complex project; or
- Education and/or experience equivalent to "1" or "2" above. College education may be substituted for up to two years of the required experience in "2" above on the basis that 60 semester credits from an accredited college is equated to one year of experience. A master’s degree in computer science or a related computer field may be substituted for one year of the required experience in "1" or "2" above.
Note : To be eligible for placement in Assignment Level IV, in addition to the Qualification Requirements stated above, individuals must have one year of satisfactory experience in a project leader capacity or as a major contributor on a complex project in data administration, database management systems, operating systems, data communications systems, capacity planning, and/or on-line applications programming.
- Understanding of structural analysis techniques; debugging skills; proficient working with COBOL, CICS, MVS JCL and VSAM
- In-depth working knowledge of UNIX decryption and encryption technology
- In-depth working knowledge of card payment technology
- In-depth working knowledge of Z/OS Systems Services
Based on evaluation of education, skills, experience, and interview. All selected candidates will be subject to a full background investigation that includes employment and education. Discrepancies may lead to dismissal.
Appointment may be at a comparable level to current level of selected candidate. As an employee of MTA Headquarters, you may be required to complete an annual financial disclosure statement with the State of New York, if your position earns more than $108,638 (this figure is subject to change) per year or if the position is designated as a policy maker.
HOW TO APPLY
MTA employees must apply via My MTA Portal. You can submit an online application by logging into My MTA Portal, clicking the My Job Search ribbon, and selecting the “Careers” link. Logging in through My MTA Portal will link your BSC ID number to your job application to identify you as an internal applicant.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities. The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.