JOB TITLE: Financial Analyst Level II - Capital Invoicing and Project Accounting
SALARY RANGE: $70,000 - $80,000
HAY POINTS: 372
DEPT/DIV: Accounts Receivable & Project Accounting
SUPERVISOR: Deputy Director A/R
LOCATION: 420 Lexington
HOURS OF WORK:9:00 am - 5:30 pm (7 1/2 hours/day)
DEADLINE: Open until filled
Financial Analyst is accountable for controlling, maintaining and monitoring financial activities primarily associated with the Metro-North Railroad Capital Program. The purpose of this position is to analyze and validate Capital invoices prior to submitting them for approvals and payment. This position will act as liaison between project managers and the external contractors to ensure accuracy of the Capital invoices’ processing, approval and payments.
- Review, analyze and validate capital invoices, ensure compliance with terms of the contract.
- Maintain and reconcile contract’ budget schedules and related expenditures.
- Participate in meetings regarding contracts’ financial issues, discuss invoice procedures and the payment process.
- Ensure contracts and invoices are reviewed and processed in compliance with regulatory requirements and contract agreements.
- Respond to various inquiries of external and internal parties: vendors, Project Managers, procurement, auditors, others.
- Prepare monthly contract reclass journal entries and expense adjustments.
- Resolve accounting and payment issues, initiate and document process improvements; prepare monthly reimbursement package to MTA for payments made on behalf of MNRR
- Analyze and prepare records for the retainage release and contracts close-outs.
- Month-end and year-end accruals for Capital and Operating invoices.
- Other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Analyst – Level II
- Must possess experience with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Must possess knowledge of budgeting and financial forecasting techniques.
- Must possess knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), macro development and pivot table knowledge preferred.
- Knowledge of Oracle Hyperion budgeting system preferred.
- Must possess outstanding report writing skills and good communication skills.
- Must be a team player.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Analyst – Level II
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in finance, business, business administration, economics or transportation). An equivalent combination of education and experience from an accredited college may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum 2 years financial (preferably budgeting) experience with a major government or corporate entities. A master’s degree may substitute for two years of experience.
- Master’s degree in a related field.
- Experience with PeopleSoft Finance Modules
Pursuant to the New York State Public Officers Law & the MTA Code of Ethics, all employees who hold a policymaking position must file an Annual Statement of Financial Disclosure (FDS) with the NYS Commission on Ethics and Lobbying in Government (the “Commission”).
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.