Job Information: 3371
Title: Superintendent, Rail Control Center
First Date of Posting: 11/20/2023
Last Date of Posting: 12/04/2023
Division/Unit: Service Delivery/ RCC
Reports To: Desk Superintendent, Rail Control Center
Work Location: Midtown, Manhattan
Hours of Work: Various
Internal posting, MTA Employees only.
Subways’ Division of Service Delivery employs 8,000 individuals who work together 24/7, 365 days a year to move millions of customers safely to their destination. Service Delivery employees operate 8,000+ trips per day. With the Fast Forward Plan in place, it is an exciting time to join the Service Delivery team.
Subways is seeking dynamic and motivated individuals eager to join the Service Delivery team. Successful candidates will share our passion for delivering world class customer service to 5.6 million riders a day.
Candidates selected for this position may be placed in a competitive or non-competitive class position based on their qualifications. Qualified candidates who are placed in a competitive class position are eligible for the 55-a Program. Please indicate in your cover letter and in the upper right corner of your resume that you would like to be considered for the position under the 55-a Program. For detailed information regarding the 55-a Program, please visit the following link https://www1.nyc.gov/site/dcas/employment/55-a-program.page
Salary Range (Grade F): $77,463(min) $99,952.50(mid) $122,442(max)
UTLO Rate: 118,000
The incumbent will manage daily operations at the Rail Control Center and utilize new technology to achieve safe on-time performance. Will follow communication protocols and make timely notification to NYCT division/departments and outside agencies during incidents and emergencies. This position is responsible for managing the safe and timely implementation, operation and completion of all scheduled General Orders, Signal Bulletins and Special Operations. Additionally, the selected candidate will handle all emergencies; may direct the safe removal and restoration of third rail power system wide; coordinate the Random/Recheck Drug Testing Program. Directs fan operations; conducts in-depth investigations required of all incidents and reports on such; will monitor, supervise, and evaluate performance of RCC supervisory staff.
Education and Experience:
1) A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college with a major in Transportation Management, or a related field and a minimum of six (6) years’ experience of which three (3) years must have been in a managerial/supervisory capacity - OR -
2) A satisfactory equivalent of education and experience.
- Knowledge of RTO policies and procedures for operating titles/equipment within the Division.
- The ability to coordinate routine activities and emergency responses performed by the Rail Control Center.
- Comprehension of General Signal Arrangement Prints, Third Rail Power Prints and Emergency Ventilation Fan operations.
- Knowledge of ATS/CBTC, ITRAC, String line Charts, General Orders, Service Delivery diversion operations/strategies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with computer software and applications.
Based on evaluation of education, skills, experience, and interview.
All appointments, with the exception of the Department of Subways employees on MABSTOA payroll, will be made on the NYCT payroll.
Pursuant to the New York State Public Officers Law & the MTA Code of Ethics, all employees who hold a policymaking position must file an Annual Statement of Financial Disclosure (FDS) with the NYS Commission on Ethics and Lobbying in Government (the “Commission”).
Equal Employment Opportunity:
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities. The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.