Manager – Cyclical Programs
M of W - Track
Grand Central Terminal
$79,548.00 - $104,406.75
October 9th, 2023
Metro-North Railroad reserves the right to remove this posting prior to the Application Deadline.
MTA Metro-North Railroad is a dynamic organization, operating out of the jewel of New York City, Grand Central Terminal. We provide service to over 86.5 million customers, traveling in and out of New York and Connecticut. A subsidiary of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority, Metro-North Railroad is one of the busiest commuter railroads in the nation. MTA Metro-North Railroad strives to provide a safe and reliable commute, excellent customer service and rewarding opportunities to its employees.
To perform and satisfy the requirements of Cyclical programs for the M of W departments and other assigned projects to meet the applicable railroad standards. Create reports and monitor the assets of M of W departments for condition ratings. Assist with EAM functions and tasks to assist the departments understand their assets more efficiently.
Develop Scope for all force account projects assigned by coordinating efforts with all involved departments including Safety, Capital Programs, and M of W Departments.
Assemble Annual Track and Structures scope of work plan, monitor and update CDOT Service Meetings & Quarterly Board Meeting Presentations, Assist with Ultrasonic Spread Sheets and maintain all required additional spreadsheets, PowerPoint, and databases for the department.
Communicate daily with supervisors for the Daily Production Report, in efforts of reporting accurate production rates. Maintain records for all major assets, data collection and tracking history of assets. Assist with EAM functions to provide analysis of assets and record condition ratings as required.
Analyze the project efficiencies for the Capital Program and provides analysis to the Track and Structures Departments and MoW departments as needed for the Assistant Director Project Data & Analysis.
Provide assistance to monitor FRA compliance for Track inspections, oversee reports to provide analysis to stakeholders and capture data for various databases.
- Project management skills to develop project scope, progress, scheduled, and budgets.
- Ability to coordinate multiple departments for task completion.
- Strong oral presentation and written communication
- Familiarity with transportation operations
- Knowledge of all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations as they relate to construction.
- Strong motivation and self-starter with strong interpersonal people skills
- Ability to spend considerable time at project field sites during construction phase and participate in off hours (nights & weekends) project activities or significant cutovers with sub-department, Task Managers and their work forces.
- Strong Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and/or comparable systems
- Must be available to be on call 24 hours 7 days per week as required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Familiarity with Transportation operations, railroad operations preferred.
- Familiarity in railroad bridges, facilities, station construction and operations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Engineering, or a related discipline. Demonstrated equivalent education, experience and/or technical credentials to include four (4) additional years of related experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of three (3) years of project management experience to include project scope development, scheduling, planning, administration, budget and coordination of the design and construction of projects in an operation environment.
- Professional Engineering License.
- This is a federally regulated position subject to both pre-employment and continuous random toxicological screening.
- As an employee of Metro-North Railroad you may be required to complete a New York State financial disclosure statement, if you earn more than $105,472.00 or if you hold a position designated as a policy maker.
- Employees driving company vehicles must complete defensive driver training once every three years for current MNR drivers; or within 180 days of hire or transfer for an employee entering an authorized driving position.
Due to the competitive nature of the selection process, not all qualified candidates who meet the minimum requirements for the position are guaranteed an interview. To be selected for a position, one must meet the following criteria: (1) satisfy the minimum requirements listed in the job posting, (2) if applicable, successfully pass a written and practical exam, (3) satisfy a background investigation (including but not limited to, employment, education, and criminal history), and (4) pass a verbal interview. Metro-North may also require the applicant to undergo a physical ability test, and, if the Company extends a conditional offer, may require him or her to undergo a medical examination, which may include toxicological testing. Failure to pass any step within the hiring process will result in the disqualification of your application.
Additional Criteria for Current Employees: Current Metro-North employees must be in active service to be eligible for consideration. Agreement Employees applying for a position outside of their present craft are required to have worked in your current union for at least one (1) year preceding the Application Deadline to be eligible to apply for a posted position, and have completed the agreed upon formal training commitment, including on-the-job training or lock-in requirement, if applicable (for example: Signal Trainee, Foreman-In-Training, etc.). If you are transferring to another craft, you may be required to forfeit your seniority in your present union. Non-agreement employees must have worked in your current position for a minimum of one (1) year preceding the Application Deadline. Along with a background investigation (including but not limited to, employment, education, and criminal history), employees are also subject to an internal investigation, which includes an evaluation not limited to discipline records and performance assessments.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. If interested, please apply online at www.mta.info
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified applicants can submit an online application by clicking on the 'APPLY NOW' button from either the CAREERS HOME page or the JOB DESCRIPTION page.
For instructions on completing the online application, go to the MTA intranet site and click on the PeopleSoft Information hyperlink. From there select the User Guides hyperlink to gain access to the "Viewing/Applying for Jobs Online" guide under the Recruiting section of the page.
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.