Title & Requisition Number: Senior Quality Control Specialist 1-3 (Requisition #: 3314)
First Date of Posting: 08/24/2023
Last Date of Filing: 11/24/2023
Division/Unit: Car Equipment/Chemical Products
Reports To: Director, Chemical Products
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Hours of work: 7 am to 3 pm
This position on the NYC Transit payroll is competitive and is eligible for the 55-a Program. This position is open to qualified persons who are eligible for the 55-a Program. Please indicate in your cover letter and in the upper right corner of your resume that you would like to be considered for the position under the 55-a Program. For detailed information regarding the 55-a Program, please visit the following link https://www1.nyc.gov/site/dcas/employment/55-a-program.page
Senior Quality Control Specialist 1: $83,058 - $93,859
Senior Quality Control Specialist 2: $89,706 - $100,467
Senior Quality Control Specialist 3: $96,879 - $106,476
This position will be responsible for the review and evaluation of all materials and car cleaning products specified/proposed for the entire subway car fleet. Monitors the Division of Car Equipment’s waste management program to reduce the use of hazardous and industrial products to minimize their disposal and assure required reporting to state and federal regulatory agencies. Additionally, compiles annual use information for all chemically based commodity items and prepare detailed process descriptions for their use at all Division of Car Equipment shops to comply with USEPA Clean Air reporting requirements.
Education and Experience:
- A baccalaureate degree in engineering, industrial technology, or a related field from an accredited college or university and six years of satisfactory full-time paid professional experience in quality control including the application of probability and statistics; statistical quality control; experiment design; planning; basic reliability concepts; quality data collection; quality auditing; and/or systems development with quality control programs; or
- At least 60 semester credits from an accredited college or university or technical school with specialization in engineering technology or a related field and eight years of the experience described in "1" above; or
- Education and/or experience equivalent to “1” or “2” above. However, all candidates must have at least 60 semester credits from an accredited college or university or technical school with specialization in engineering technology or a related field.
- In Microsoft Office Suite
- Oral and Written Communication
- Professional and Strong Work Ethic
- Teamwork and Collaboration
Based on evaluation of education, skills, experience, and interview.
All appointments, with the exception of the Department of Subways employees on MABSTOA payroll, will be made on the NYCT payroll.
Pursuant to the New York State Public Officers Law & the MTA Code of Ethics, all employees who hold a policymaking position must file an Annual Statement of Financial Disclosure (FDS) with the NYS Commission on Ethics and Lobbying in Government (the “Commission”).
Equal Employment Opportunity:
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.