Job Title: Project Manager Intern – Paratransit
First date of posting: 8/18/2023
Last date of posting: 9/8/2023
Authority: TA / OA / MTA Bus
Division/Unit: Project Management
Location: 3300 Northern Blvd, Long Island City, NY
Reports To: Project Manager Intelligent Transportation Systems
Hours of Work: As Required
This position is eligible for teleworking which is currently one day per week. New hires are eligible to apply 30 days after their effective date of hire.
(Non-represented Career & salary TA) $59,198 - $62,344
(Non-represented Career & salary OA) $59,198 - $62,344
Under supervision, with limited latitude for independent judgment and action, performs elementary level project management work and receives training in project management work of moderate difficulty; performs related work.
The Project Manager Intern will be trained and assist with the following duties and responsibilities:
Research, review, and develop quantitative analyses using advanced business intelligence
- Maintains a management information system to provide data for the planning and control of project development.
- Establishes project time and cost schedules.
- Determines and coordinates the activities required between the persons, agencies, and departments responsible for project completion.
Education and Experience
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university in engineering, architecture, landscape architecture, business administration, or public
- A master’s degree in architecture that is the first professional degree in architecture from an accredited college or university.
Direct Lines of promotion
This is a trainee class of positions with a two-year probationary period. At the end of one year of satisfactory probationary service and training, employees in this class of positions will mature without further examination to the title of Project Manager, subject to a one-year probationary term in the title of Project Manager.
Pursuant to the New York State Public Officers Law & the MTA Code of Ethics, all employees who hold a policymaking position must file an Annual Statement of Financial Disclosure (FDS) with the NYS Commission on Ethics and Lobbying in Government (the “Commission”).
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.