INTERNAL JOB POSTING - ONLY OPEN TO CURRENT MEMBERS OF THE MTA POLICE DEPARTMENT
Job Title:Request for Consideration -Police Officer, Counterterrorism- Hybrid Threat Unit
Dept/Div:Counterterrorism- Hybrid Threat Unit/ Special Operations Division
Supervisor:Commanding Officer, Hybrid Threat Unit/ Special Operations Division
Location:Manhattan – Midtown, NY
Hours:Twelve (12) hour tours, three (3) days per week with four (4) consecutive rest days.
The Department is seeking qualified members from the rank of Police Officer who are interested in being considered for a position in the Hybrid Threat Unit. The ultimate goal of the HTU is to disrupt and deter terrorist planning and hostile surveillance operations while protecting the MTA and the Public.
The Hybrid Threat Unit is responsible for conducting daily uniform deployments throughout the MTA system based upon actionable intelligence. Responsibilities include:
• Daily uniform deployments to various MTA facilities.
• Daily heavy weapons deployment.
• Ensure the safety and security of MTA customers and infrastructure.
• Perform plainclothes counter surveillance operations.
• Perform plainclothes behavior observation operations to spot behaviors associated with crime, violence, and acts of terrorism.
• Other duties as assigned.
Police Officers must, at a minimum, have the following qualifications/requirements to be considered for the HTU Physical Agility Examination scheduled to be held on Tuesday, October 10, 2023:
• Successful completion of the probationary period and Field Training Program with the MTA Police Department required.
• Desire to be on the forefront of the department’s counter terrorism effort.
• Strong work ethic and self-motivated.
• Conscientious and responsible.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
• Field Training Officer preferred.
• Candidates with tactical experience preferred.
• Knowledge of terrorist organizations, foreign and domestic preferred.
• Knowledge of the Incident Command System preferred.
• Complete a Hybrid Threat Unit Questionnaire
• Complete a candidate Application (Form #69) and forward it to his or her immediate supervisor who shall complete the applicable sections and then forward the form through the chain of command.
• Successfully pass the Physical Fitness Examination.
Qualified candidates who have successfully passed the HTU Physical Agility Examination must complete the following:
• Successfully complete a panel interview.
Candidates who have been selected for an appointment to the Hybrid Threat Unit must complete the following to remain in the Unit:
• Successfully complete the MTA PD Counterterrorism Training Program.
Interested employees who meet the eligibility requirements will receive a notification from the Special Operations Division confirming their eligibility and advising of the time and reporting location for the Physical Agility Examination.
Candidates that successfully complete the Physical Agility Examination will be invited to participate in a panel interview.
Candidates should understand that they are not guaranteed an assignment with the Hybrid Threat Unit even if they meet each of the above qualifications.
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members to apply.